Employer: Safeguard Abatement
Safeguard Abatement LLC specializes in asbestos abatement, mold remediation, lead paint removal and selective demolition throughout the Northwest. We are seeking assertive and reliable individuals who take a proactive approach to their work and seek quality job site performance.
Safeguard Abatement LLC workers are responsible for working with asbestos, mold, lead and/or other regulated waste removals while adhering to all regulatory state and federal standards as well as company policies and procedures. Work and tasks are often straightforward, routine, structured and guided by established policies and procedures.
Under leadership of field supervisors, train to perform removal, enclosure, encapsulation, and/or other methods of eliminating and controlling hazardous material or hazardous environmental conditions including asbestos, lead and mold. The individual will participate in industry training, update certifications, and maintain fitness levels as required for the environmental industry. Other qualifications and responsibilities might arise as deemed necessary by circumstances.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to communicate effectively with field supervisors, project managers and company management team to ensure that projects are completed safely and in a timely fashion.
- May involve exposure to heights, extreme temperatures, hazardous chemicals, close spaces and lifting. requirements up to 50lbs.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, E-Verification and physical exam.
- Pass training/testing for specific certifications.
- Be able to wear a respirator and personal protective equipment.
- Performs various maintenance tasks in the field or shop.
- Must be able to travel to various job site locations.
- Be available for overtime.
- Must have the proper ID (s) for employment purposes.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to work scheduled work hours.
Additional preferred skills for this position:
- Possession of current asbestos abatement worker/supervisor - card with 1+ years of experience a plus.
- Construction industry experience a plus.
- Competitive wages between $15.00/hr. - $20.00/hr. dependent on qualifications and experience.
Benefits Offered: Healthcare, Vacation, Holiday and Yearly - Bonus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow a practice of treating all employees and applicants for employment in a nondiscriminatory manner. Elite Environmental Services LLC and Safeguard Abatement LLC prohibits discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, military or veteran status, or disability regarding considerations such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, compensation, benefits, discipline and separation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /year
plus: 1 year (Preferred)
* Possession of current asbestos abatement worker (Preferred)
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $15 - $20 HR