Employer: Stephens Metal
Job Title: Welder I
Reports to: Fabrication Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Erna Marquez, Human Resources
Prepared/Revised Date: 07/23/2015
Performs welding using either manual or semiautomatic welding equipment and ensures quality of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fabricates, joins, and/or repairs equipment, make fixtures and various types of metal objects and structures using oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, MIG, possibly TIG.
• Learn to analyze plans, drawings, work samples, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments.
• Willing to learn.
• Learn how to read weld symbols.
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by supervisor and management.
• High School diploma preferred, but not required.
• 0-2 years of experience.
• Knowledge of applicable codes.
• Able to read and interpret production drawings and technical work instructions.
• Knowledge of welding techniques, (oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and MIG), tools and equipment.
• Skills in the fabrication, joining and repair of a variety of metal objects, equipment, fixtures and structures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Frequent standing and/or walking.
• Frequent heavy lifting of 25 or more pounds.
• Use of hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds.
Constant (5-8 hrs/shift)
Frequent (2-5 hrs/shift)
Occasional (Up to 2 hrs/shift)
Location: 3209 West Washington Avenue
Application Method: Online or in person
Base Pay: DOQ