Employer: Alaskan Copper
Date Opened: April 3, 2019 Closing Date: April 22, 2019
Job Titles: Fabrication Welder/Assoc. Fabrication Welder
Pay Rate: Depends on experience. Premium for swing shift.
Hours of Work: Day shift 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Location: 3405 6th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134
Representation: After 30 days required to become a dues paying or financial core member of International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Local Union No. 104. Job Summary:
Weld or burn metal required for fabrication and assembly work. Tack and/or weld component parts for spooling or tank fabrication. Cut holes in pipe to specifications after lay-out by fitters.
Requirements to be considered for position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant. 2. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience. 3. Must be able to work any shift. 4. Work overtime when required. 5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies. 6. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Accurately read tape measure to 1/16". 2. Able to read welding symbols. 3. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English. 4. Completed welding training program, able to do MIG and TIG welding, and pass welding test. 5. Able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally and 51-100 pounds rarely.
Required Essential Duties/Functions:
Fab Welder 2
1. Weld pipe/fittings, tanks, and heat exchangers.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. Able to operate lift truck and pendant operated overhead crane.
Note: Applicants with less than two years experience in MIG welding and less than 1 year in TIG/Heliarc welding or an applicant who meets the qualifications listed in #4 above but whose welding skills are a little weak may be considered for the Associated Fabrication Welder position.
1. This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Total At One Time (Hours) Total During Entire 8-Hour Day Standing: 2 1/2 hours 7 hours Walking: 2 minutes 20 minutes Sitting: breaks
2. Movement of objects and strength required for this job:
Lifting: Carrying: Up to 5 lbs: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%) 6-10 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) 11-20 lbs. OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) 21-25 lbs. OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) 26-50 lbs. OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) 51-100 lbs. RARELY
3. Required repetitive use of hands:
Simply Grasping: YES Pushing & Pulling: YES Fine Manipulating: YES
4. Repetitive Actions/Movements Involving the Feet:
Right Foot: NO Left Foot: NO Both: NO
5. Worker Positions Required in the Performance of this Job:
Climbing: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Kneeling: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Balancing: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Crouching: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Bending: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) Crawling: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Stooping: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Reaching: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) (above shoulder level) 6. Sensory Requirements:
Talking and/or Hearing: YES
Fab Welder 3
Seeing: Acuity: YES Accommodation: YES Depth Perception: YES Color Vision: YES Field of Vision: YES
7. Environmental Conditions That Are Found in the Work Site:
PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS: X Inside (75% of time) _ Outside (75% of time) _ Both (equal amounts)
TEMPERATURE: X Cold (enough to cause bodily discomfort) _ Hot (enough to cause bodily discomfort) _ Variations (sufficient to cause bodily reactions)
WET: _ Contact with water and/or other liquids
HUMID: _ Moisture content sufficient to cause bodily discomfort
NOISE: X Sufficient to require hearing protection
VIBRATION: _ Sufficient to cause repeated motion or continuous shock
HAZARDS: X Risk of bodily injury present
FUMES: X Smoke or vapors resulting from combustion or chemical reaction
ODORS: _ Toxic or non-toxic smells
TOXIC CONDITIONS: X Exposure to disabling fumes, dusts, gases, vapors, mists or liquids that may cause bodily harm.
DUST: _ Small particles that may cause occupational disease
POOR VENTILATION: _ Exposure to drafts or insufficient movement of air
Contact Person: Shereice Brown
Location: Location: 3405 6th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134
Application Method: Apply online or email resume
Base Pay: DOE