Employer: Alaskan Copper
We will be accepting applications for this job opening only between the opening and closing dates. Individuals who meet all of the requirements will be considered for an interview. Job applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax or scanned to email@example.com when completed.
Date Opened: April 3, 2019 Closing Date: April 23, 2019
Job Title: Associate Warehouser
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work: 3rd shift 11:00pm to 7am.
Location: 27402 72nd Ave South, Kent, WA 98032
Representation: After 30 days, required to become a dues paying or financial core member of Int. Brotherhood of Teamsters Union #117.
Will generally work under the direction of a Warehouser to accomplish tasks such as forklift operation, cleaning, marking and moving material, pulling and packing material for orders, constructing shipping containers and putting stock away. Depending on experience and qualifications, may be hired in at a higher rate, and given additional responsibilities.
Requirements to be Considered for Position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant. 2. Meet all the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience. 3. Must be able to work any shift. 4. Work overtime when required. 5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies. 6. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Able to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. 2. Able to read a tape measure accurately to 1/16". 3. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English. 4. Able to write and print legibly. 5. Lift and carry up to 70 lbs. regularly and heavier weight occasionally. 6. Physically able to climb stairs and ladders. 7. Must be able to operate a forklift and have had a least 6 months experience.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
1. Work in conjunction with or as a Warehouser. Determine material required for order. Warehouser will be responsible for their own orders as well as checking orders of other Warehousers and Associate Warehousers. 2. Will assist or pull stock for order. May use a forklift, side loader or pendant operated overhead crane. 3. Will use abrasive or band saw to cut material to customer specifications. Check dimensional accuracy of parts with tape measure to tolerance of 1/16”. May occasionally use micrometer to measure thickness of material or inside/outside diameter of tubing. 4. May use waist height cart to load items for order, depending upon size, weight or length of material. 5. Take items to packing area and determine proper pack-aging requirements. Count items to verify inventory to be shipped. Packaging may include the following: strap and wrap items in plastic wrap and secure with tape prior to boxing; measure and cut cardboard tubing to fit dimensions of material or assemble other shipping containers; verify items on invoice when packaging; mark material and shipping containers and place documents on outside of container. 6. Keep area clean and organized. 7. Load and unload trucks.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. Experience operating side loader. 2. Shipping/receiving experience. 3. Experience operating metal cutting saws and shears. 4. Able to measure accurately with a micrometer. 5. Knowledge of corrosion-resistant metals. 6. Experience moving long loads. 7. Experience with metal cutting saws.
Considered on an individual basis.
Physical Requirements: 3
This work is defined in the medium strength category. This work requires continual handling of various weights as work order varies. Standing and walking are the inherent features of this work when retrieving orders. Some intermittent sitting may occur when operating the forklift or side loader.
1. This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Total At One Time (Hours) Total During Entire 8-Hour Day Standing: 30-1 hours 6 hours Walking: 30-1 hour 6 hours Sitting: 15-45 minutes 1 hour
2. Movement of objects and strength required for this job:
Lifting: Carrying: Up to 10 lbs: CONTINUOUSLY (67-100%) CONTINUOUSLY: (67-100%) 11-25 lbs.: CONTINUOUSLY (67-100%)CONTINUOUSLY: (67-100%) 26-50 lbs.: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY: (34-66%) 51-100 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Over 100 lbs:OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
3. Required repetitive use of hands: Simply Grasping: YES Fine Manipulating: YES Pushing & Pulling: YES
4. Repetitive Actions/Movements Involving the Feet: Right Foot: YES Both: YES Left Foot: YES
5. Worker Positions Required in the Performance of this Job: Climbing: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Stooping: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Balancing: CONTINUOUSLY (67-100%) Kneeling: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Bending: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Crouching: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Crawling: NEVER Reaching: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
6. Sensory Requirements: Talking and/or Hearing: YES
Seeing: Acuity: YES Field of Vision: YES Depth Perception: YES Accommodation: YES Color Vision*: YES
* Color Vision: Must be able to differentiate between typically red, black, and green control buttons on machinery.
7. Environmental Conditions That Are Found in the Work Site:
PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS: X Inside (75% of time) _ Outside (75% of time) _ Both (equal amounts)
TEMPERATURE: X Cold (enough to cause bodily discomfort) X Hot (enough to cause bodily discomfort) X Variations (sufficient to cause bodily reactions)
WET: X Contact with water and/or other liquids HUMID: _ Moisture content sufficient to cause bodily discomfort NOISE: X Sufficient to require hearing protection
VIBRATION: _ Sufficient to cause repeated motion or continuous shock HAZARDS: X Risk of bodily injury present
FUMES: _ Smoke or vapors resulting from
combustion or chemical reaction ODORS: X Toxic or non-toxic smells TOXIC CONDITIONS: _ Exposure to disabling fumes, dusts, gases, vapors, mists or liquids that may cause bodily harm.
DUST: X Small particulates that may cause occupational disease
POOR VENTILATION: X Exposure to drafts or insufficient movement of air
Contact Person: Shereice Brown
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Apply online or email resume
Base Pay: DOE