Employer: Energy Technology and Service, Inc
Energy Technology and Service Inc, is an engineering contracting company seeking a high energy, self-starter to fill a Field Instrumentation Technician position. This position primarily supports two military bases in San Diego and occasionally performs field work at other locations.
This is a residence-based position and the person must live in or willing to relocate to San Diego.
You would be responsible to perform and/or supervise the inspection, repair, installation and modification of process controls, PLC’s, HMI’s, and field instrumentation.
Technicians must be familiar with systems being controlled in a central plant. Examples of these systems include Chillers, Boilers, VFD’s, Pumps, and Generators.
Day to day responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate plant instrumentation and control system hardware.
• Create and maintain documentation of calibration procedures for plant instrumentation and hardware
• Troubleshoot and repair PLC hardware panels including wiring, power supplies.
• Coordinate with plant operators to schedule outages when required for instrumentation repair/calibration
• Troubleshoot Ethernet and Serial communication to field devices
• Terminate (punch down) CAT5 cable onto Ethernet patch panel
• Other tasks may include pulling communications cable and installing flex conduit when needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
• High school diploma/equivalent
• Experience with calibration and troubleshooting of industrial plant instrumentation and controls
• Must have an open mind, willing to learn new skills
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
• Ability to work in an industrial environment that includes climbing ladders and stairs, lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in a team environment, with safety first as a primary focus
• Ability to communicate effectively across technical, operations and maintenance lines
• Experience with HMI/SCADA software is a plus
• Experience editing/uploading PLC Ladder Logic programs
• Knowledge of industrial control system protocols such as Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, Bacnet, Ethernet/IP
• Experience with Allen Bradley, and Modicon PLC hardware
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical insurance and 401K plans. There is growth potential in the business, bonuses and additional paid training on new products and software.
You will be provided a company laptop and cell phone
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.
Contact Person: Matthew Torbit
Location: San Diego, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 55000-65000