Employer: Alaskan Copper & Brass Company
We will be accepting applications for this job between the opening date and the closing
dates. Individuals who meet all of the requirements will be considered for an interview. Job
applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax
or scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org when completed.
Date Opened: March 29, 2019
Closing Date: April 15, 2019
Job Title: CTL Aide
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: 4700 Colorado Avenue South, Seattle, WA.
Representation: This is a non-union position.
Job Summary: This is an entry level job in a small work unit.
Responsibilities include building shipping skids, packaging
materials, moving materials with fork lift, and assisting in
general clean-up. As this is a small work unit, attendance
and punctuality are especially important.
Requirements To Be Considered For Position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant.
2. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience.
3. Must be able to work any shift.
4. Work overtime when required.
5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies.
6. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Able to read tape measure accurately to 1/16".
2. Able to prepare and check shipping documents.
3. Able to lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
4. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
5. Carpentry or skid building experience.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
1. Build skids and prepare material for shipment, including documentation.
2. Move skids of material using forklift.
3. Keep work area clean and organized.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. Able to operate overhead crane.
2. Experience using radial arm saw, pneumatic nailer, strapping machine.
3. Prefer some carpentry experience
4. Shipping and Receiving experience
5. Minimum 6 months recent forklift experience.
Will be considered on an individual basis.
This work is defined in the medium to heavy strength factor of physical
1. This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Total At One Time (Hours) Total During Entire 8-Hour Day
Standing: 2 1/2 hours 7 hours
Walking: 10 minutes 2 hours
Sitting: 10 minutes 1 hour
2. Movement of objects and strength required for this job:
Up to 5 lbs.: CONTINUOUSLY (67-100%) CONTINUOUSLY (67-100%)
6-10 lbs.: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
11-20 lbs.: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
21-25 lbs.: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
26-50 lbs.: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
51-100 lbs.: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
3. Required repetitive use of hands:
Simply Grasping: YES Fine Manipulating: YES
Pushing & Pulling: YES Writing: YES
4. Repetitive Actions/Movements Involving the Feet:
Right Foot: YES Both: YES
Left Foot: YES
5. Worker Positions Required in the Performance of this Job:
Climbing: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Stooping: FREQUENTLY (34-66%)
Balancing: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Kneeling: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
Bending: FREQUENTLY (34-66%) Crouching: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
Crawling: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%) Reaching: OCCASIONALLY (1-33%)
(above shoulder level)
6. Sensory Requirements:
Talking and/or Hearing: YES
Seeing: Acuity: YES
Field of Vision: YES
Depth Perception: YES
Color Vision*: YES
* Color Vision: Must be able to differentiate between typically red, black, and
green control buttons on machinery.
7. Environmental Conditions That Are Found in the Work Site:
PHYSICAL SURROUNDINGS: X Inside (75% of time)
_ Outside (75% of time)
_ Both (equal amounts)
TEMPERATURE: X Cold (enough to cause bodily discomfort)
X Hot (enough to cause bodily discomfort)
_ Variations (sufficient to cause
WET: _ Contact with water and/or other liquids
HUMID: _ Moisture content sufficient to cause
NOISE: X Sufficient to require hearing protection
VIBRATION: _ Sufficient to cause repeated motion
or continuous shock
HAZARDS: X Risk of bodily injury present
FUMES: _ Smoke or vapors resulting from
combustion or chemical reaction
ODORS: _ Toxic or non-toxic smells
TOXIC CONDITIONS: _ Exposure to disabling fumes, dusts,
gases, vapors, mists or liquids
that may cause bodily harm.
DUST: _ Small particulates that may cause
POOR VENTILATION: X Exposure to drafts or insufficient
movement of air
Location: 4700 Colorado Ave. South, Seattle, WA
Application Method: Email Resume & Cover Letter
Base Pay: DOE