Employer: James Hardie
Heavy Industrial Electrician
As a shift Maintenance Electrician reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the shift Electrician is a key member of the Maintenance team which is responsible for repairs and maintenance for all machinery and equipment such as conveyor systems, hydraulic components, machine control, and much more.
Repair, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment such as AC motors, DC motors and servo motors, servo controllers, variable frequency drives, AC and DC control circuits, PLC communications networks, pneumatic components, hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and other interrelated process equipment.
• Shall perform a variety of electrical/mechanical tests to determine exact cause of issue;
• Performs unscheduled maintenance to the equipment and machinery to repair or replace defective parts;
• Perform adjustments and calibration procedures on various forms of process equipment;
• Perform scheduled maintenance as instructed on all equipment/machinery/facility;
• Shall track labor, parts, and machine history in plant CMMS;
• Make necessary temporary or permanent electrical installations, repairs, or modifications in line with plant policies;
• Operates and services plant boiler, autoclaves and other heating, ventilation and air conditioning type equipment;
• Works with each department providing necessary support to ensure day-to-day maintenance issues are resolved.
• Maintain a written log of any highlights occurring during shift coverage in conjunction with proper CMMS entries.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
• At least 5 years Industrial Electrical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• At least 5 years of Allen-Bradley PLC experience (ControlLogix or PLC-5 preferred);
• Experience with WonderWare or other industrial HMI software a bonus.
• Proven experience and ability in mechanical, electrical and electronic troubleshooting and maintenance techniques;
• Must have the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of mechanical/electrical principles/concepts;
• Have the ability to read and comprehend instructions given via OEM or third party operation and/or technical/installation literature.
In return, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day with James Hardie; 6% dollar for dollar matching 401(k) program; Tuition reimbursement; Free lunch Friday; Generous paid vacation and holidays; Job training and development; Life insurance; Disability Income Protection (LTD); Flexible Spending Accounts; Employee Assistance Program; Discount tickets for amusement parks, recreation sites and movies, and much more!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a world leader in fiber-cement technology. As the world leader in fiber-cement technology we manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential market. We operate in markets around the world, spanning the United States, Europe, Philippines, Australia, and New Zealand.
For more information about our company and career opportunities please visit our website at: https://jameshardie.jobs2web.com/search/?location=tacoma
James Hardie is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Industrial, Hydraulics, Medical, Electrical, Electrician, Manufacturing, Engineering, Healthcare
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ