Employer: Perry Technical Institute
This is a 12-month full-time position in the Admissions Department. This position will report to the Associate Director of Admissions.
The Admissions Representative will professionally represent Perry Technical Institute’s programs and services to prospective students in individual and group settings. The representative will perform work requiring knowledge and experience that is specific to the Admissions Department. The specialized tasks involve interpretation of policies, procedures and regulations pertinent to the admission of students. Performance of other clerical duties in support of the general office procedures can be integrated into daily tasks.
The position requires flexibility, effective communication and presentation skills, circulation of Admissions resource materials, interaction with internal departments and liaison with external school systems and agencies in the development and maintenance of partnerships, and exceptional in-office organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
Duties are performed in a business office environment and at off-campus events. Weekly travel and periodic overnight travel is required. The hours of the position will vary depending on needs of the department. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. Occasional lifting of items up to 25 lbs. may be required.
This is a non-exempt, full-time, regular position. Overtime may be required.
Wage Range: $16-$18 DOQ
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, 4 day work weeks and more.
- Associate’s degree or certificate of completion from an accredited career college.
- Documented experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Documented experience operating office equipment such as: computer, tablet, multi-line phone system, printer, fax, and copy machine.
- Must be flexible, able to work evenings and weekends and travel on overnight trips as needed.
- Must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
- Experience in higher education student services.
- Familiarity with technical/vocational training programs.
- Experience presenting.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred, as well as experience with culturally and economically diverse populations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as primary contact with public as needed and provide information of all training programs at Perry Technical Institute.
- Strong, working knowledge and understanding of the objectives, requirements and content of all programs offered by Perry Technical Institute in order to provide complete and factual information to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Use organizational skills, assertiveness and attention to detail in daily work.
- Use strong written and verbal communication skills in daily work.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Use excellent listening and customer service skills in daily work.
- Use excellent telephone skills and etiquette.
- Plan and schedule visits to high schools, community events, regional military bases, speak to groups and individuals, and meet with school administrators and teachers to promote awareness of Perry Technical Institute programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships between Perry Technical Institute and local organizations and school systems.
- Distribute resource materials for recruitment of potential students and or groups and organizations.
- Process information requests received by phone, e-mail or in person for information regarding current program offerings and the admissions process and respond to general inquiries regarding departmental services and procedures by following the established process:
- Answer questions and provide general information regarding the programs offered by Perry Technical Institute.
- Take and/or return inquiry phone calls.
- Follow up accordingly with all prospects and inquiries under the direction of the Associate Director of Admissions.
- Input of new inquiries on the Admissions module insuring standardization of data entry and attention to detail in a timely manner:
- Enter new inquiry contact information.
- Update logs of candidate status.
- Compile data and prepare various reports.
- Coordinate and schedule individual and group tours.
- Guide campus tours to all candidates.
- Conduct reminder calls for tours.
- Handle cancellations and follow up with no-shows.
- Prepare weekly Admissions Department reports (events, tours, and follow ups).
- Update candidate and school contacts records.
- Maintain and organize inventory.
- Assist the Associate Director of Admissions with campus events (open house, luncheons, tours, meetings, graduation, and other events on campus as assigned).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $16 - $18 HR