Employer: Tomra Sorting Solutions
As a Sales and Application Support Engineer (SASE), under the general direction of the Sales Applications Manager, & the day to day direction of a Lead SASE engineer, the primary objective of this position is to establish a new product category. This position will have a dual role by being both a SASE and having lead Sales responsibility for this product category.
A secondary objective is to provide engineering support for the Americas & Oceania markets as well as other parts of the world, as needed.
This position is part of the SASE Team for Americas & Oceania
• Responsible for direct sales of Tomra Sorting Solutions Food [TSS Food] Optical Sorting equipment to customers in North America [USA, Canada and Mexico] and potential countries abroad.
• Assist the Area Sales Managers (ASM) and the customers in determining how this machine will meet the customer’s needs.
• Demonstrate machinery to customers in the demonstration facility & during sales presentations.
• Plan and execute weekly sales visits to customer sites meeting engineering, operations and maintenance personnel - vertical depth of contact.
• Set up and/or design and organize tests to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life cycle tests to evaluate performance and reliability of machines.
• Provide technical support related to specification changes.
• Share responsibility with the rest of the SASE team for the cleanliness and upkeep of both the demo hall and the test & demo machines.
• Prepare reports on Test & Demonstration results. Will require to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend next steps and final machine configuration.
• Conduct on site demonstrations, training and commissioning in support of new product introduction.
• Conduct end-user training sessions on operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
• Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
• Local customization of sorting products to meet customer requirements. This may involve mechanical and/or electrical design, budget preparation and project management.
• Assist in managing local Engineering Change Control.
• Identify potential improved sorting product system performance and component opportunities to reduce costs, improve performance and improve reliability.
• Work with TOMRA Corporate based sorting R&D engineers on product and engineering matters as required.
• Provide technical support to TOMRA vendors as required.
• Provide applications support to the markets in house and at customer sites using in house spectrophotometer and other diagnostic tools. Submit and document applications data on company applications database for group wide reference.
• Work with supply chain personnel and sales staff to clarify technical matters relating to sales proposal technical details and subsequent specifications when orders received.
• Prepare reports on research for Applications Development as well as manuals & procedures for developed products or processes.
• Ensure all relevant proposals, order confirmations, updating CRM package are maintained in accordance with company policies.
• Update weekly your opportunities in the Sales Force database for your territory.
• Provide application support internally and externally. Takes responsibility of application related issues and make sure everything is done to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
• Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 75 lbs.
Contact Person: Kay Henderson
Location: Sacramento, CA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: 55,000