Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy’s General Accounting is looking for an Associate Accountant to join our team.
This position will perform moderately complex accounting and analysis functions, as well as, participate in daily and monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records. General Accounting is the hub of PSE’s four day close process. We are looking for someone who has the desire to provide customer satisfaction, partner with business units, and improve processes.
Some of the duties include preparing journal entries, making bank deposits, downloading bank statements, and preparing FERC financial forms. This role will also coordinate the four-day month-end close process, administer the reconciliation and compliance tool, set up master data, and ensure SOX procedures and controls are being complied with and working according to documentation. The Associate Accountant will also participate in adhoc projects as needed.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Perform routine accounting, analysis and functions.
• Prepare journal entries and reconcile accounts.
• Participate in the maintenance of the general ledger and/or other automated systems and databases.
• Prepare internal, external, and regulatory financial reports.
• Respond to requests received from management and other departments.
• Participate on special projects/research within the department.
• Comply with internal controls and actively update and test SOX 404 procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to write and communicate effectively.
• Ability to be detail-oriented and obtain a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
• Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office suites such as Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience with SAP
• Public Accounting Experience
• Certified Public Accountant or candidate
• Certified Management Accountant or candidate.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ