Employer: The Seattle Times
Maintenance Mechanic - Machinist
The Seattle Times is the trusted source for Northwest news, information and entertainment for people who care about thoughtful, independent journalism that impacts our community. As a news media company with a laser focus on journalistic standards and excellence, we provide clarity above the content clutter and engage readers across print and digital platforms to provide news that matters where, when and how they want it– because our community wants a watchdog that cares deeply about them and their world. Founded in 1896, The Seattle Times remains a family-owned business with deep roots in principled, investigative news coverage and service to our community.
We are actively seeking a qualified Maintenance Mechanic – Machinist to join the Operations team at our North Creek Facility in Bothell, WA. The duties of Maintenance Mechanic – Machinist include but are not limited to the predictive and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production related equipment. This is a great growth opportunity for someone looking for mechanic/machinist experience. In addition, this would include the building of specialized equipment, installation of new equipment, and the manufacturing of accessories for existing equipment. Successful applicants must be available to work a variety of scheduled shifts (day, swing, or night shift - including Saturdays and Sundays) to support our daily news operation.
• Provide maintenance support to all areas of production.
• Analyze problems, implement solutions, and manufacture parts as needed to ensure timely repairs and a smooth running operation.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair a broad scope of machinery and equipment.
• Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and complete projects.
• Maintain daily work log with work descriptions, time entry and any additional information requested.
• Complete tasks as directed with minimal supervision.
• Adhere to all company and safety policies and guidelines.
• Strong manual hand dexterity and mechanical ability.
• Must provide basic machinist and hand tools.
• Maintain professional appearance/demeanor and positive attitude.
• To work effectively with co-workers in solving problems and to communicate problems from shift to shift.
• Ability to communicate information, both verbal and written
• Previous newspaper/print media experience
• Welding and fabrication experience
• Operation of general manual machine shop equipment lathes, drills, mills, and grinders. (No CNC).
• Prior experience in rebuilding pumps, motors and, gearboxes
• Preference for candidates with industrial rotating equipment experience
Contact Person: Jimmie Smith
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: (up to) $29/hr, DOE