Employer: Alliant Communications
The Project Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing technology projects for customers by managing the cost, time, and scope constraints. The primary duties include creating and maintaining a project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, statuses and resource allocation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Understand overall project objectives, as well as the role and function of each project team member.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion within budgetary requirements.
• Assist project team in design and development tasks.
• Drive problem investigation and resolution as required.
• Ensuring that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully through to production.
• Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Escalate project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels to Operations manager
• Manage the relationship with the client
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Maintain a clean driving record – This position is required to drive a company vehicle to customer job sites.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in maintaining Alliant Inventory
• Assist in receiving Freight
• Backing up Service Department
• Improve customer perception and satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Communicate to customers by keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
• Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our services and products relate to their business strategy and goals.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
• Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets
• Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
• Skill in planning and preparing written communications.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and maximize resources
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The Employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the area and overnight travel.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project coordination methods and techniques, preferred but not required
• Customer Service Experience required
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of project details
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Notice to Applicants
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Alliant Communications is committed to maintaining a work environment that promotes the interests of employee safety, efficiency, health and productivity and to provide a work environment that is free of drug and alcohol abuse.
Contact Person: JoDee Peterson
Location: 18 West Mead Ave Yakima, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ