Employer: Chelan County Public Utility District
This position has primary responsibility for technical administration of District servers running Windows operating systems including installs and setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring; and has secondary support responsibility for the Linux server infrastructure. Manages the MS Active Directory and associated file and directory access through user and user group administration. Ensure server software reliability and integrity; and protect the data managed thereon using best practices and proactive server and workstation patches/fixes. Ensures data protection via backups, security and storage administration; as well as maintain current virus and spyware protection versions and configurations. Contribute technical expertise in systems integration in a varied technology environment. The objective of these responsibilities will provide highly reliable hardware platforms to support District critical data systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position.
# EF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 25 % Administer Windows server environment: perform installation, setup, oversight and performance tuning. Resolve server functional problems; keep operating system patches and service packs up to date. Manage cluster server and virtual server environments and troubleshoot their related issues. Monitor and maintain server operations and implement tuning measures to proactively ensure stable, reliable functionality and high availability.
2. EF 15% Administer and maintain network user accounts including overall Active Directory management, distribution and security groups, group policy, and file security on file servers. Monitor and update desktop virus protection and anti-spyware software on a regular basis. Manage and distribute updates for Windows servers and workstations. Work with support analysts to ensure group policy and log in scripts contain up-to-date protection across the District. Research and apply industry best practices and District standards for maintaining data protection and system integrity.
3. EF 15% Manage Windows file storage and disaster recovery processes including physical and virtual locations and access. This includes SAN and NAS storage devices; regular and reliable tape backups; shadow copy or other real time technologies; disk to disk backups; and file restoration as necessary. Analyze storage management issues and develop policies and solutions to meet storage and disaster recovery needs. Analyze and troubleshoot storage and/or backup issues and resolve.
4. EF 20% Assist with yearly IT operations projects that include but not limited to implementing new technologies and/or upgrading existing enterprise applications.
5. EF 10% Assist with management of Citrix for both remote access as well as internal published applications. Help ensure that all employees are able to work remotely from any location that has an internet connection.
6. EF 10% Provide secondary support with Linux server installations; and cooperatively participate with server infrastructure integration within varied technologies. Serve as a technical resource for providing hardware configurations and technical solutions for problem requests. Work with software application developers to oversee controlled, well-managed installation of software on Windows servers. Work with other IT teams to keep District Enterprise software up to date with standardized infrastructure.
7. EF 5% Assist with administration of the District's email environment. Monitor, manage and maintain the clustered e-mail servers (Microsoft Exchange). Perform mailbox recovery, maintain access permissions, content filtering, storage capacity, public folders, email forms, shared calendars, voicemail integration, and automated notifications from applications and monitoring services.
8. EF Ongoing Document all job related processes and procedures and participate on project teams as assigned.
9. EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
No post-secondary education required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from a college or university in a field related to Information Technologies is preferred. Additional training with certification as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred. Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) a plus.
Typically requires a minimum of five (5) years employment experience installing computer software and hardware. Requires extensive experience in PC and networked environments along with current Windows operating systems for enterprise servers and PCs. In depth knowledge of server setup, configuration and Microsoft Active Directory required. Experience with virtual server and storage technologies preferred. Preference also given to candidates with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Sharepoint, Exchange, Citrix or MS Remote App, and VMware virtual server environment.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of microcomputer hardware components and technology that includes network components and other peripheral networked equipment.
• General working knowledge of a variety of software applications, particularly the MS Office Suite.
• Familiarity with general office procedures
• Effective interpersonal skills to communicate with technical personnel in the computer arena, as well as those without technical knowledge.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate responsibilities with peer associates
• Ability to respond to computer users and their problems with a positive and supportive attitude.
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; and General Office Equipment. Advanced skill required in Microsoft Outlook; PC Hardware; and Servers. Must be able to operate mechanical tape libraries; network traffic monitoring devices; and network attached storage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform repetitive hand or arm motion. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist torso. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds above shoulder height unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate.
Pursuant to the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards, Chelan County Public Utility District #1 conducts background screening of personnel who have access to the District's critical physical and/or cyber assets.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or other protected classifications as defined by law.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ