Employer: ATI Metals
Electron Beam Operator - Req# 18-2155
ATI is Building The World’s Best Specialty Materials Company™. We focus our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global end use markets with highly diversified and specialized product offerings. ATI is one of the largest and most diversified specialty metals producers in the world. We have employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of specialty metals solutions.
ATI Richland Operations is seeking an Electron Beam Operator to join our team. ATI Richland Operations actively melt Titanium and Titanium Alloys. This position works a rotating shift of 12.25 hours per day. If you are looking for an opportunity to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for you!
Employees in this position are responsible for preparing and operating an electron beam furnace.
• Operate electron beam guns to cast and melt
• Must be able to closely monitor the melt process on computer monitors and manipulate hand controls for 12.25 hours per shift
• Operate industrial machinery and equipment (including overhead cranes and fork lifts)
• Use instrumentation and controls
• Must be detail oriented and stay organized
• Use hand tools
• Must work safely
• Must assist with the furnace turnaround duties including cleaning and scraping metal condensate
• 2 years’ technical/trade school degree (preferably in instrumentation and controls, electrical, and/or mechanics) or equivalent work experience required
• 1 year of industrial, manufacturing, or processing experience required
• Previous experience working with instrumentation and controls preferred
• Previous experience in the metals industry preferred
• Previous experience operating Industrial Mobile Equipment (IME), especially forklift preferred
• Previous machine operation experience preferred
• Previous experience operating an industrial furnace in the metals industry preferred
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply via www.atimetals.com/careers.
**ATI employees must follow Internal Application Process (instructions: Intranet/Departments/Human Resources/Policies/ATI Richland Operations)**
ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Location: 3101 Kingsgate Way Richland, WA 99354
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ