Position: HVAC Preventative Maintenance Technician
The HVAC Preventative Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the routine and preventative maintenance of our commercial equipment. The HVAC Preventative Maintenance Technician will need to perform necessary maintenance to ensure the ongoing proper functioning of the equipment on an as needed or assigned basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance as need and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of the equipment.
- Perform compressor maintenance, coil maintenance, system operation verification, supply voltage and amperage readings, accurate temperature readings and air filtration inspection.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Work with our Service Agents to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Must be able to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Customer service oriented & strong customer service skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have basic computer skills, and be able to utilize mobile device throughout the work day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift up to 51 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices), carry and climb ladders, work from heights, work in small crawl spaces, balance, stoop, kneel. The employee is expected to work in all weather conditions, both in extreme cold and heat. The employee may drive for extended periods of time, including all weather and light conditions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday with some irregular hours. Weekends and evenings required, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Travel to sites is required, sometimes in excess of 100 miles.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
Required Education and Experience
- General knowledge in repairs, installation, modification, and maintenance of heating/cooling systems.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Microsoft Office experience (specifically Word and Excel)
- EPA Universal preferred
Phone: (971) 270-1930
Location: 6623 NE 78th Ct, Portland, OR 97218
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ