Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy’s Pole Services Department is looking for a Project Manager, Wireless Collocation to join our team.
This position is responsible for the direction of the communication uses (Joint Use) of power and streetlight poles, most specifically the collocation of cellular wireless radio and antenna equipment. This person ensures customer requirements are met and communication siting work is completed to support PSE's business and financial goals. This position leads a multidiscipline team working to ensure consistent application of PSE processes, coordinates internal and external resources to meet customer timelines, and proactively drives continuous improvement activities. They also participate in cross-functional teams internally and with our customers in both leadership and participant roles to develop appropriate solutions for PSE needs.
This job facilitates solutions to complex issues involving diverse opinions, and ensures that solutions are aligned with customer expectations, and PSE's business initiatives and environment. This position will provide technical advice to peers and will be responsible for delivering an excellent customer experience by removing obstacles, and working closely with other PSE departments to resolve issues.
At the discretion of the hiring team, this position may be filled as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary project teams and Identifies the scope of assigned projects and decides logical action to meet project requirements and deadlines in accordance to all applicable regulations.
• Leads continuous improvement activities to improve process challenges identified by team members. Collaborates with both PSE internal departments and the Service Provider to resolve the root cause of an issue and to deliver an excellent customer experience.
• Manages the relationship between PSE’s Service Providers and external customers.
• Directs work activities in accordance with Master License (MLA), Site Licensing (SLA) and Pole Attachment Agreements as needed.
• Reviews invoices from Service Provider to verify accuracy for unit allocation and T&E charges.
• Accurately identifies customer needs, sets reasonable expectations, identifies potential issues and shares alternatives.
• Performs effective upfront project planning with telecommunications customers and coordinates with PSE operations as needed to minimize costs and maximize efficiencies.
• Validates and refines the scope of assigned projects and decides logical actions to meet project requirements and deadlines.
• Recognizes technical issues that impact projects under their leadership and obtains appropriate resources to mitigate project risks.
• Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and operation requirements.
• Applies general rules, standards and guidelines to specific technical problems.
• Communicates technical information clearly and concisely to non-technical audiences, sometimes in public settings.
• Gathers, consolidates and analyzes facts in relation to project requirements.
• Supports emergency response work as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least six years utility/business relevant work including construction, financial management, operations and/or project management.
• Excellent customer relations skills including problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communications skills (oral, written, listening).
• Familiarity with Joint-Use construction activities, project leadership, contract management, and constructability.
• Knowledge of utility operations, standards, and construction practices.
• Strong negotiating and critical thinking skills.
• Customer-oriented, a positive team-oriented attitude and flexibility.
• Experience and knowledge working with cellular site development, construction, upgrade and maintenance projects (Macro Cell/Small Cell/DAS).
• Knowledgeable in the administration of agreements and processes related to communications equipment "facilities" using poles, ducts, and rights of way.
• Familiarity with FCC rules, WUTC Pole Attachment regulations, and NESC codes regarding pole attachments and industry regulations.
• Experienced with Make-Ready Engineering and Outside Plant construction techniques.
• Project Management Training and Project Management or Construction Management Certification from an accredited institution (PMI or College) Continuing Education appropriate to the profession.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ