Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Engineering Specialist – Plat Ad #93148:
Puget Sound Energy’s Customer and System Projects Department is looking for an Engineering Specialist to join our team. At the discretion of the hiring team, this position may be filled as an Engineering Specialist or Engineering Assistant, depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This role will provide solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems requiring an extensive knowledge of the subject and familiarity with related disciplines. This role will prepare engineering plans, designs, specifications, standards, cost estimates, evaluations, or studies. Typical assignments are broad in scope, and may be composed of interrelated elements within and outside of the employees’ core area of expertise. The desired candidate should have drafting knowledge in AUTOCAD. They will support the continued development of PSE’s engineering workforce by sharing knowledge with others and support emergency response operations when needed.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Works on projects that are composed of interrelated elements within the employee’s area of focus, and require adaptation of standard practices.
• Prepares technical analyses, guidelines, evaluations, and cost estimates with little to no oversight.
• Supports others during review of technical plans, designs, specifications, or standards.
• Identifies potential areas of weakness with assigned work, and initiate corrective action.
• Ensures compliance with codes, standards, and design requirements.
• Solves problems independently with ability to work around barriers.
• Self-directs work assignments and communicates effectively with a variety of internal customers.
• Supports emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
• Coordinates the work of engineering assistants, engineering analysts, technicians, or others who assist in specific assignments (including contractors/consultants).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
ENGINEERING SPECIALIST MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2-year technical degree or equivalent technical certificate in design or pre-engineering, or 6-9 years of utility experience.
• Strong knowledge of subject matter within assigned area of focus, with a basic knowledge of related disciplines.
• Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
• Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling.
• Experience working with both internal and external customers on projects.
• Knowledge of engineering economics & analysis.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ