Employer: Granite Construction
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
• Audit, reconcile and process information received from the field to ensure accuracy.
• Analyze payroll reports to ensure accurate recordkeeping.
• Process weekly and salary payrolls, including reviewing edits, printing checks and posting journal entries to ensure accurate payments to employees.
• Responsible for all corporate data entry to ensure accuracy.
Meet weekly and monthly processing deadlines in payroll to ensure excellent customer service.
• Process a variety of recordkeeping functions in a computerized system to ensure accurate reporting.
• Provide impeccable overall customer service to exceed employees expectations.
• Provide general information, answer all employee and field inquiries in an informed and courteous manner; perform on-line inquiries in the payroll system to access detail information for employees and field representatives.
• Perform diverse clerical tasks as necessary to assist department manager.
Participate in cross training efforts to provide growth opportunities within the department.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent
•2-5 years of related payroll experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
• Has moderate technical knowledge of commonly-used payroll concepts, practices, and procedures
• Intermediate excel and work skills
• 10-key by touch
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to work overtime as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team player.
- Ability to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct and Safety Policies on a daily basis.
- Occasional travel to other area offices within the state
About Granite Construction Incorporated:
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies:
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Area of Interest
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online via LinkedIn
Base Pay: DOQ