Employer: Puget Sound Energy
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Engineer – Electric Distribution System Design #91909
Puget Sound Energy’s Electric Distribution System Design group is looking for an Engineer to join our team. This opening will be filled as an Engineer, Associate Engineer, or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) depending on qualifications of the selected candidate.
This role will provide professional engineering service and support in the planning, construction, operation, maintenance, and analysis of PSE’s electric distribution system to improve reliability of service and ensure capacity to serve our customers by supporting company-generated projects located throughout PSE’s service area. The successful applicant to this position will complete a range of simple to complex projects meeting cost and time objectives in compliance with PSE standards, customer needs, and reliability improvement initiatives.
This role will interpret and apply existing guidelines and engineering principles, practices, and theories toward the completion of assignments involving a substantial degree of complexity, with many interrelated elements requiring considerations not previously encountered and will be responsible for ensuring design and construction activities are in compliance with federal, state and local codes and regulations. They will support the continued development of PSE’s engineering workforce by sharing knowledge with others and support emergency response operations when needed.
This position might be based out of our Kent, WA or Burlington, WA service centers, depending on the candidate and departmental needs.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Applies basic engineering principles, practices, theories and methods and use of commonly applied engineering approaches and calculations.
• Uses judgment in the selection and application of engineering methods, the modification of standard models, designs, or procedures, and when correlating data and recognizing discrepancies in results.
• Prepares cost estimates and specifications, performs engineering studies and designs, conducts office and field research.
• Plans and develops project budgets with appropriate project documentation.
• Provides verification and field measurements of new equipment and system installations
• Acquires performance data from new and existing equipment or systems and validates against design parameters.
• Supports emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ENGINEER LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field
• 3-7 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
• Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling
• Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
ASSOCIATE ENGINEEER LEVEL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering discipline.
• Entry level to 3 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
• Possession of or ability to acquire an EIT certificate.
• Knowledge of engineering economics and analysis.
• Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling.
• Curriculum emphasis in power engineering for individuals focused on the electrical system.
• Work or internship experience in utility engineering or related fields.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Location: P.O. Box 91269 Bellevue, WA 98009-9269
Application Method: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: DOQ