Job Opening: Facilities Maintenance Technician 2
Shift: Monday - Friday 6am – 2:30pm (occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician 2 for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Facilities Maintenance Technician 2 will maintain, troubleshoot and repair facilities and related equipment to maintain safe and fully functional equipment and work place. Provide support to manufacturing maintenance when necessary.
• Troubleshoot problems to affect standard repairs by referring to equipment manuals and following outline repair procedures, so equipment can be operational with a minimum of down time.
• Process the necessary paperwork involved in daily work such as preventative maintenance work orders, purchase requisitions and other documents specific to work area.
• Install, repair or modify facility, such as constructing walls, sheetrock, painting, plumbing, etc.
• Perform preventive maintenance work on standard equipment and situations to ensure minimal down time of manufacturing equipment so production targets are achieved. Maintenance can include cleaning and lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun. Inspect and test machinery and equipment
• Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following manufactures specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Assemble, install and program mechanical, electro-mechanical and automated machinery and systems such as facilities machinery / tools and racking systems.
• Set up and operate basic tools in the maintenance area such as drill presses, table saw, miter saw, vertical mills, band saws, cut off saws, lathes, arc, mig, and tig welding equipment as may be necessary to fabricate, repair and/or duplicate parts required to maintain and repair facilities equipment.
• Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
• Use of hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds including hand power tools. This equipment will include but not be limited to drills, saws, grinders, and threading equipment.
• Must have knowledge and awareness to comply with all standard OSHA and State safety regulations and policies, specifically Lock Out Tag Out procedures for all types of equipment, proper handling of solvents and chemicals according to MSDS sheets, vision, hearing and respiratory protection, and proper lifting techniques as required.
• Clean equipment, tools, etc. and surrounding area between jobs.
• Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
• May perform non-certified welding and skilled machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred.
• Two years’ experience in facilities maintenance required, five years’ experience including HVAC preferred. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulics with ability to take voltage, amperage, OHM, pressure and/or flow reading in accordance with ladder and schematic diagrams and determine values. Electrical/electronic knowledge/skill include but not limited to controls, magnetic starters, rotary switches, relays, solenoids, brakes, input/output devices for PLC’s, and related facilities equipment applying electrical wiring principles for AC (up to 480v. three phase) and DC. Knowledge of right angle drives, gear reducers, variable speed, rack and pinion, belt and chain, and hydraulic and pneumatic.
• Certifications required to operate forklifts, scissors lift, overhead cranes and hoists to assist in material and personnel movement. Freon handling certification license from State of Oregon. Brazing certification from the State of Oregon.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
• Effectively problem solve, prioritize, and follow through on assignments and projects.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently stands and walks throughout all shop areas; uses balance; uses hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hands and arms. The employee occasionally sits; climbs; twists, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls; and talks and hears. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 15 lbs., and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. The employee frequently pushes/pulls an average of 50 lbs., and occasionally pushes/pulls up to 125 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must operate powered vehicles such as forklift and various lifts/hoists. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a production environment with regular exposure to noise, liquid grinding coolant mist and vapor, dust and lubricants managed through an exhaust system. Work area is well lit and air conditioned.
To Apply: Please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 20-30 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information. Click the URL below to apply: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15646031
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Person: Kimberly Matthews
Location: Portland, OR
Base Pay: 16.61