Employer: Washington Tractor, Inc.
The Washington Tractor Service Technician role is at the heart of our Aftermarket Division. The Service Technician plays a significant role in driving profitability through excellent customer service, technical and operational excellence, and implementing best practices for the various delivery of repairs and maintenance. By partnering closely with the Service Manager, Service Writers and Customers, the Service Technician ensures customer expectations are met.
Provide excellent customer service by performing basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment.
• Achieve assigned metric standards for performance and profitability.
• Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management
Solutions (AMS) products.
• Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
• Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
• Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Completes all reports, logs and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Accounts for all time on designated time systems and ensure that time is attached to RO when possible.
• Account for all material used in performing assigned duties.
• Responsible to achieve job specific metrics and sales volume.
• Valid driver license is required and ensure that driving records remains insurable under the corporate auto
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
o 1-2 years of experience performing service repairs in lawn & garden or power equipment industry
o High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
o Basic Service Technician certification preferred.
o Ability to use company computer systems and achieve a basic to intermediate computer functions.
o Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
o Proficient oral and written communication skills.
o Customer Focused communication style.
o Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical
o Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf
o Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
o Ability to provide your own set of hand tools, specialty tools will be provided by the company.
o Fork lift experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Effort: Service Technicians make repairs which often require them to work in tiring, awkward, and uncomfortable positions. They frequently stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, crawl under vehicles, and make repairs in other tight spaces. They frequently lift, handle, and carry parts. Occasionally, they move moderately heavy items with assistance or with mechanical devices.
Ability to lift up-to 20 pounds unassisted and 75 pounds assisted.
Working Conditions: Retail store environment, service and repair shop, and stock room. Exposed to various work surfaces both inside and outside. The work is usually performed inside on concrete surfaces where there is exposure to drafts, noise, and fumes from vehicles. Service Technicians occasionally perform work outside under adverse weather conditions. They are continually exposed to dirt, dust, and grease, and to the potential for burns, chemical irritations, shocks, bruises, cuts, and strains. To reduce dangers and irritations from these conditions, they follow prescribed safety practices and use safety equipment such as safety shoes and glasses, and respirators.
Up to 10% driving or air travel.
Phone: (425) 334-4048
Location: 3305 Bickford Ave, Snohomish, WA 98290
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ