HSE Professional - Communication, Education & Technology
Location US-WA-Redmond | US-OK-Oklahoma City | US-NC-Wilmington | US-IN-Fort Wayne | US-WA-Moses Lake | US-SD-Watertown
Posted Date 3 days ago (1/19/2018 7:28 AM)
Job ID 2018-36639 # Positions 1 Category Operations
Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation.
About the Position:
Title: HSE Professional - Communication, Education & Technology
Reports to: VP, Global HSE
Location: Redmond (primary), OKC, Wilmington, Fort Wayne, Moses Lake and Watertown
Acting as our subject matter expert for HSE data and information, the HSE Professional - Communication, Education and Technology will support our global HSE efforts by providing technical support, training, and communications to the HSE community and team members around the world. This is a pivotal role that works closely with the Regional HSE Managers and Segment HSE Leaders to effectively support the global HSE data systems (Terex University; Riskonnect; SharePoint); developing new Riskonnect system features and functionality to simplify and streamline our HSE work. This role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining global HSE training programs as well as global HSE communications on SharePoint and the Terex Intranet.
* Development/continuous improvement of our HSE-Specific Riskonnect systems and processes.
* HSE Administrator of the Riskonnect system including system access.
* System configuration, testing, and communication of new application (App) based HSE tools.
* Creating training materials (e.g. job aids, eLearning, workbooks) to support new and existing processes and systems.
* Delivering or facilitating training workshops and webcasts on system tools, where appropriate.
* Developing reports to meet business and functional needs; teaching users how to generate their own reports.
* Communications on system features and changes including newsletters, intranet articles, etc.
* Conduct focus groups with HSE system users on improvement opportunities in our current system.
* Process owner of the HSE on-boarding process. Includes scheduling and coordinating of the flight plan; update of materials and evaluation of the program.
* Development and updating of global HSE web-based training materials.
* Development of new global HSE training programs.
* Coordinates the global HSE call and materials.
* Key point of contact for coordination with and selection of outside training providers.
* Ongoing system/technical support to HSE end-users on the global talent systems. (Terex U)
* Content owner for the HSE SharePoint site and HSE page on the Terex Global Intranet. This includes maintaining site as well as updating and keeping content fresh. Develops methods for sharing and broadcasting best practices.
* Collaborates with Corporate and Segment communications team on podcasts, articles and information promoting Zero Harm.
This highly visible position will interact with the global HSE community, all levels of management, external vendors, and training partners. It requires the ability to work independently and utilize good judgment. Strong verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, and excellent organization skills are essential for success, as is the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. A passion for improving the health, safety and environmental performance, an interest and capability in systems and a basic HSE are critical to this role.
* 3+ years of health & safety experience or related work experience
* High School Diploma
* 3+ years of working with technology applications such as MS Excel, Word, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
* 3+ years of creating effective training and communication materials
* Prior experience working with a learning management system (LMS) and with Salesforce.com
* Ability to prioritize effectively, problem solve, and troubleshoot issues, working with minimal supervision
* Prior experience creating eLearning or developing training tools
* Interested in and adept at picking up new software and system technologies
* Customer focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prior experience working in a team environment
* Strong attention to detail and organization skills
* Ability to liaison with vendors as well as other departments
* Must be willing and able to travel approximately 5% - 10% of the time
Apply for this job Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Your application choices are:
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
To search for more jobs, go to http://jobs.terex.com
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Contact Person: NA
Location: Redmond, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOE