Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Balance Clerk to join our growing Patient Financial Services (PFS) team located in Richland, WA!
• GED or High School Diploma from an accredited educational institution
• One year customer service, accounting, and/or account entry experience
•Healthcare accounting, accounts receivable or cash posting experience
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Credit Balance Clerk you will perform research on credit balance accounts, analyze account transactions and payment source documents and determines the appropriate action needed. The Credit Balance Clerk initiates payment transfers and refunds to guarantors and third party payers and does related duties as required.
• Embraces Planetree Philosophy to provide a safe, comfortable, therapeutic patient centered environment.
• Reviews the credit balance (overpayment) work queues to ensure timely payment transfers and account refunds.
• Researches patient data, using guarantor functions to identify related outstanding balances prior to initiating refunds.
• Utilizes all pertinent resources; i.e. personal computer, cash reports, payment vouchers, account selection report, ensuring correctness of all payment transfers, patient and third party payer refund amounts; initiates third party payer contact when needed.
• Documents payment transfers and account adjustments.
• Enters in the computer pertinent refund information, amount of refund, refund source and any or all adjustments to be made.
• Verifies appropriateness of late credits, contractual write-offs and adjustments made to original account charges prior to credit balance disbursements.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree (Planetree.org) and continues to be recognized nationally as a “Best in Class Employer”. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE.To learn more, click here: http://www.kadlec.org/careers/about-kadlec
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ