Employer: GLi, Graphic Label
Must safely and efficiently handle customer issues. This position will install, maintain, and troubleshoot GLI systems at customer locations. Must have a high technical aptitude and be able to work independently and as a team member. Must be able to take direction from coworkers/supervisor. In addition, the ideal person in this position will have a high degree of mechanical aptitude and be able to use various tools to install and repair conveyors, motors, gearboxes, photo eyes, printers, etc.
Duties/Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
• Mechanical and Equipment Support
o Assist project manager with equipment installs, repairs, and troubleshooting.
o Troubleshoot hardware remotely and onsite with customer
o Responsible for installation and repair of conveyers, replacing motors, gearboxes and belts
o Responsible for install and repair of photo eyes, scanners, PLC’s, ink jet systems, thermal printers and inline scales
o Training, service and delivery of machinery
o Keep accurate and current records of inspection, maintenance, repair, and service calls
o Provide maintenance of all installed machinery; following a PM schedule
o Willing and able to work on-site in a manufacturing/processing environment
o Contribute to and support R&D projects for both hardware and software projects
o Support sales in both software and equipment areas
o Must have the aptitude to learn some software, including Windows TCP/IP, PLC software and our proprietary line software.
o Develop a good working relationship with vendors and technical support staff in person and over the phone
o Communicate well with customers and their staff, making sure information is disseminated thoroughly through efficient use of email and verbal communication
o Communicate status of customer’s issues to sales staff and management
o Must be able to train others on GLI equipment and processes
o Learn and operate the internal order entry / inventory control system and software
o In-house and customer onsite manufacturing and service of machinery
o Responsible for repair and install of conveyers, motors, gearboxes and belts, etc.
o Responsible for Install and repair photo eyes, scanners, ink jet systems, thermal printers, PLC’s, and inline scales
o Provide maintenance of all installed machinery and software
o Troubleshooting hardware
• Customer Service
o,Answer customer questions in a thorough, fast and accurate manner
o Always keep the sales person and machinery manager well informed regarding their customers
o Remain calm, friendly and responsive under pressure
o Convey a sense of confidence and welcome to new customers
o Be complete in solving the customer’s problems
o Minimize errors so customers are satisfied with job
• Inventory Control Support
o,Follow company procedures for inventory control
o Keep machine area clean of pallet pieces and debris
o Operate forklift to load outgoing equipment and organize warehouse.
o mDeliver freight (occasionally) to customers.
o Reconcile inventory with accounting quarterly
o This position involves lifting and moving boxes up to 50 pounds
Knowledge Skills Abilities for Success:
• Must understand safety protocol and practice good safety at all times
• Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP)/Food Safety Rules of customer locations
• Communicate well with coworkers and Management
• Must be a self-starter and able to maintain motivation with very little supervision; must be able to prioritize tasks as needed
• Equipment maintenance with the use of power tools is very important; some light fabrication experience is preferred
• Computer literate with PC programs, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Able to learn and use new computer programs/ software as they are released
• Able to install, repair and support equipment located at customer facility as well as at Graphic 3200Label
• Adaptable, able to learn new concepts and able to solve problems
•, Skilled at troubleshooting, fixing problems both equipment hardware and software based.
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude
• Understands customer service and is willing to go the extra mile to give excellent customer service.
• Is flexible and able to transition easily between different types of work throughout the day
• Takes satisfaction from a job well done
• Able to work well under pressure
• Understands and can respond with a sense of urgency
• Personable, relates well to others in person and on the phone.
• Works well as a part of a team
• Consistent in strong work ethic
• Willing to work on other tasks of a small business, as needed
• Follows through on requests from customers and other staff
• Is reliable and able to be bonded
• Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds from ground to at least waist
• Strong mechanical skills including understanding of light electrical, use of all mechanical tools and power tools, and some fabrication experience
• Should have some experience in AutoCAD, and/or reading or drawings/ blueprints
• Must have demonstrated skills in technology repair, wiring, troubleshooting, etc.
• Must be able to pass and maintain forklift operators certification
• Must be able to pass a criminal history background check and urinalysis drug test
• Must have reliable transportation, have valid driver’s license, personal insurance and pass company insurance approval. Possible out of state travel.
• Works in a variety of environments and temperatures at the customer locations. Must be able to bend, crawl, move about the work environment safely.
• Will frequently have to use customer specific PPE such as hair net, hard hat, hearing protection, etc.
Able to work hours outside standard business hours of 8-5 M-F, as needed, especially during harvest and peak times. There is an on-call schedule that rotates the responsible employee for answering on call requests.
• Willing to schedule vacation time into non-busy season
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. GLI maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
I have reviewed the above job description and agree that I can safely perform the functions stated above. I further agree that I meet the physical and mental requirements of this position as stated above.
Contact Person: Brian T. Koenig
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Please send resume and cover letter to: Brian.email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ