Employer: GLi, Graphic Label
Must safely and efficiently handle customer issues. This position will install, maintain, and troubleshoot GLi systems at customer locations. Must have a high technical aptitude and be able to work independently and as a team member. Must be able to take direction from coworkers/supervisor. In addition, the ideal person in this position will have a high degree of mechanical/technical aptitude and be able to use various tools to install and repair conveyors, motors, gearboxes, photo eyes, printers, etc.
Duties/Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Equipment and Software Support:
• Troubleshoot software and hardware remotely and onsite with customer
• Responsible for install and repair of photo eyes, scanners, PLC’s, ink jet systems, thermal printers and inline scales
• Keep accurate and current records of inspection, maintenance, repair, and service calls
• Provide maintenance of all installed machinery; following a PM schedule
• Support sales in both software and equipment areas
• Have or gain Windows modern communication knowledge, networking connectivity
• Communicate well with staff and customers, making sure information is disseminated thoroughly through efficient use of email and verbal communication
• Able to give excellent tech support
Knowledge Skills Abilities for Success:
• Must understand safety protocol and practice good safety at all times
• Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP)/Food Safety Rules of customer locations
• Communicate well with coworkers and Management
• Must be a self-starter and able to maintain motivation with very little supervision; must be able to prioritize tasks as needed
• Computer literate with PC programs, Microsoft Office, XP, 7
• Adaptable, able to learn new concepts and able to solve problems
• Skilled at troubleshooting, fixing problems both equipment hardware and software based.
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude
• Understands customer service and is willing to go the extra mile to give excellent customer service.
• Able to work well under pressure
• Understands and can respond with a sense of urgency
• Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds from ground to at least waist
• Able to procure passport for possible travel to Canada
• Programmable logic controller knowledge a plus
• Preferred mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment
• Must be able to pass a criminal history background check and urinalysis drug test
• Have valid driver’s license, personal insurance and pass company insurance approval. Occasional out of state travel
Able to work hours outside standard business hours of 8-5 M-F, as needed, especially during harvest and peak times. There is an on-call schedule that rotates the responsible employee for answering on call requests.
• Willing to schedule vacation time into non-busy season
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. GLi maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
I have reviewed the above job description and agree that I can safely perform the functions stated above. I further agree that I meet the physical and mental requirements of this position as stated above.
Contact Person: Brian T. Koenig
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Please send resume and cover letter to: Brian.email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ