Employer: Dynamic Systems Technologies, Inc.
POSITION: Automation Technician
Dynamic Systems Technologies, Inc. is an Olympia based Engineering Firm and Systems Integrator that specializes in custom automation, motion control and robotics for the industrial manufacturing industry. DST has been designing and manufacturing industrial control systems for over 25yrs. We work with many fortune 500 companies on projects worldwide from conception, through design, manufacture, testing, installation and startup. We are currently looking for a full-time drafter/shop tech with technical or vocational school education with an emphasis in CAD, or equivalent industry experience.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical, SolidWorks Electrical and Panel Shop build experience is a plus. Familiarity with PLC programming, NEC code (specifically NFPA 79 Electrical Standards for Industrial Machinery) is also a plus.
• Ideal candidate will have understanding of electrical concepts, working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to see projects through to completion.
• Proven planning and organization skills and an ability to work under pressure handling multiple projects and tight deadlines.
• Sound decision making and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Prepare engineering drawings from rough sketches and general engineering design information. Concepts will include various electrical and mechanical applications designed according to established DST standards.
File Management: Organize and update company database of electronic client/project files including drawings, site photography, materials package info and tracking receipts.
Complete drafting and design assignments under supervision of other CAD technicians or Engineers.
Responsible for quarterly meetings with ITS electrical inspector for maintaining shop certifications.
Panel Shop work to include the manufacture, assembly, wiring and testing of electrical panels adhering to ANSI/UL 508A or CSA C22.2 No. 14 standards for compliance and certification.
Overall Panel Shop organization, cleanliness and inventory management.
Electrical troubleshooting: Work closely with project engineers to test panels and equipment and document results.
Generate requests for quotation (RFQ’s) and purchase orders (PO’s) to venders for project parts.
NOTE: Dynamic Systems Technologies, Inc. proudly provides a competitive pay scale and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Vacation (PTO). Full-time employment with significant opportunity for growth and advancement.
Contact Person: Reid Hemphill
Phone: (360) 705-4949
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: Based on Experience