Amgen Thousand Oaks is looking for an Instrument Technician who will be responsible for performing intermediate level calibration, maintenance, repair, installation, troubleshooting and documentation of instruments used on process control systems and building systems in utility plants, analytical labs and facilities suited and designed for material manufacturing and testing.
- Complete various quality system and safety documentation
- Work to be completed in a safe (in accordance to HRA, JHA, etc.), manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with GMP, SOP, CFR and Amgen regulations
- Review and provide feedback on calibration and maintenance reports, forms, and records
- Revise, and review calibration, maintenance or other related procedures
- Provide regulatory and partner audit support
- Interpret electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, Utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID’s
- Interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Perform general labor duties and may work in a variety of locations
- Participate in On-Call rotations for after-hours facility and manufacturing support and work outside of established shift hours upon short notice
Associate’s degree and 2 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on instrumentation/calibration experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
- Associate’s degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline
- 2+ years in an FDA (GMP) or similar regulated environment
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic instrumentation fundamentals, including process control loops, loop checks, loop tuning and troubleshooting computer based control systems (PLC, BMS, DCS, and various HMI)
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, calibration, repair and testing of HVAC, laboratory and utilities instrumentation
- Intermediate knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic fundamentals as well as intermediate skills in the use of power and hand tools in the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A high mathematical understanding, excellent reading skills along with intermediate computer and typing skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ