Employer: Central Washington Catholic Foundation
Administrative Assistant Position at the Central Washington Catholic Foundation
The Central Washington Catholic Foundation is seeking a part-time administrative assistant.
The Administrative Assistant performs all bookkeeping functions and assists the Executive Director in all operations of the Foundation.
The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years previous administrative support experience.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Kathleen Wilmes
The mission of the Central Washington Catholic Foundation is to provide enduring support for Catholic education and ministries in Central Washington. The Administrative Assistant provides all bookkeeping functions and assists the Executive Director in all operations of the Foundation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uphold the Foundation mission statement and represent the Foundation in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current friends, donors, recipients, and the entire community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals and recipients of our services.
2. Support and coordinate clerical and administrative details to support activities of the Foundation as needed. This includes but is not limited to: regular correspondence with donors including timely donation thank you letters, copying, filing, processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail and faxes. Assist in designing, editing, publishing and mailing all newsletters and mailings.
3. Data entry and database maintenance for all donors within The Raisers Edge and Quick Books systems. This includes, but is not limited to, processing donations and expenses, producing reports, depositing all checks, maintaining all paper and electronic filing systems and handling confidential information with tact and discretion.
4. Prepare and maintain Foundation Board materials including board folders and financials for board meetings. Prepare new trustee orientation binders. Produce Minutes of committee and Board meetings and post documents on the Trustee web portal.
5. Prepare all quarterly correspondence including letters to Fund recipients, selected donors and Trustees. Prepare quarterly reconciliation with market reports. Prepare TD Ameritrade deposits for quarterly fund contributions. Send payout checks on schedule.
6. Prepare scholarship announcements. Process, organize and send scholarship applications to Grants Committee. Prepare and send letters to applicants and recipients. Send check to colleges/universities in September.
7. Process grant applications; send to Grants Committee. Produce and send letters to families and schools. Send grant checks to recipients after verifying enrollment.
8. Serve as the first point of contact for the Central Washington Catholic Foundation which includes phone, email, and in-person inquiries and visitors. Maintain an orderly and welcoming office environment, greet all visitors with pleasant and professional demeanor, and assist visitors with requested information.
9. Assist in event preparation. This includes, but is not limited to: location scheduling and reservations, ensuring appropriate room accommodations for type of event, assisting with preparation of necessary materials in advance of meeting/event, assisting with catering orders/pick-up/delivery, assisting in returning any spaces to original condition, ensuring adequate communication with all parties involved (regarding meeting location, directions, parking).
10. Maintain, organize, inventory, and order office supplies and equipment as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the Foundation.
11. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Minimum: AA degree
2-4 years office experience required
Experience working in a professional setting with a high level of activity and confidentiality.
Ability to use multi-line phone system, Microsoft Office suite required. Knowledge of Quick Books and The Raiser's Edge desirable.
Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism.
Sensitivity to working in a multicultural setting is imperative.
Bilingual/bi-literate/bicultural in English/Spanish is a plus.
Professional dress required.
Inquiries should be made to Kathleen Wilmes, Executive Director, 509-972-3732
Send resume and cover letter to:
Central Washington Catholic Foundation
5301 Tieton Drive, Ste F
Yakima, WA 98908
Position is open until filled.
Location: Yakima, Wa
Application Method: Send resume and cover letter to: Central Washington Catholic Foundation 5301 Tieton Drive, Ste F Yakima, WA 98908
Base Pay: $12 - $15 HR