Employer: Precision Castparts Corp.
Senior HVAC Technician - SSBO/670
US - OR - Clackamas
To operate, maintain and repair all heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and humidification equipment and systems; to provide technical assistance on issues and projects.
1. Maintenance and Repairs
Objective: to operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment and systems; to maintain facility temperature/humidity environment within standards.
Essential Job Functions
A. Operates and maintains heating and process boilers, and temperature control devices.
B. Operates and maintains refrigeration systems.
C. Operates and maintains humidification systems.
D. Maintains plant water treatment systems.
E. Troubleshoots heating and air conditioning systems
F. Programs, monitors and repairs computerized HVAC systems.
G. Contacts, schedules and directs work of outside contractors.
H. Monitors and maintains domestic and processed water systems.
I. Monitors, maintains and installs pneumatic controlled air systems.
2. Projects and Technical Assistance
Objective: to plan and design HVAC projects and provide assistance on technical issues.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Assists in the designs of complex projects, installations and modifications.
B. Assists others with planning and technical issues.
C. Provides technical assistance for the selection of new equipment.
D. Equipment repair and installation.
E. Component replacement.
F. Utility/Energry reduction.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: for job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece – dust mask):
In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems, corrects when possible.
D. May be required to work with hazardous waste.
4. Initiates, monitors and maintains logs and records.
5. Provides work direction, training, and working supervision as assigned.
OTHER (MARGINAL) ACCOUNTABILITIES:
6. Performs other tasks as directed.
7. May be required to participate in Hazardous Materials Handling team. (This is an essential job function at TBO.)
1. May be required to complete hazardous waste management training.
2. Respirator training and fit testing.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, MACHINERY AND/OR TOOLS USED:
1. PCC vehicles
2. forklift, marklift, snorkellift
3. Refrigerant Recovery equipment
4. Specialized refrigeration tools (e.g. charging manifold, electronic leak detector, vacuum pumps, etc.)
5. basic hand tools (e.g. screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, etc.)
6. Compressor Analyzers
7. Electrical test meters and instruments (e.g. voltmeters, ampmeter, ohmmeter, etc.)
8. Air flow meters
9. Specialized pneumatic control test instruments
11. electric carts
14. drill press
16. welding equipment
17. oxyacetyline cutting equipment torches
18. air electric hand tools
19. pipe machine (electric or manual)
1. Advanced heating/ventilation and air conditioning skills as demonstrated by two years competent performance of all Heating/Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technician duties.
Two years of study in a trade school program learning heating/ventilation and air conditioning is preferred.
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
2. Valid Oregon State Manufacturing Journeyman Plant Electricians license, or valid Oregon State Limited Maintenance Industrial License.
3. Valid driver's license to drive PCC vehicles.
4. Bronzing certifications
5. Refrigeration License
6. Boiler Training
7. Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on work orders, technical manuals, Technique Cards, blueprints, and drawings.
8. Ability to work independently and as a team member with limited supervision.
9. Ability to provide working supervision, work direction, and/or training as directed.
10. Ability to become certified to operate Refrigerant Recovery Equipment.
11. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Phone: (503) 777-3881
Location: 4650 SW Macadam Ave #300, Portland, OR 97239
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ