Employer: Top Tier
About the Company :
Top Tier manufactures the safest, best-selling, most compact palletizing systems in North America. Through a joint venture with Aetna Group, the world leader in stretch wrapping and case packing, Top Tier is well positioned for strong growth over next few years. The combined entity is strategically expanding its product offering and growing market share in North America through offering a suite of machinery for end-of-line automation. The Machine Design Manager is expected to play a major role in defining and establishing best practices to facilitate the company’s growth.
The Top Tier Field Service Technician is an important member of customer service and technical support team at Top Tier. The Field Service position may require frequent travel 40% to 60% to customer sites. This position performs mechanical, electrical, controls/programming upgrades, modifications, repairs, maintenance, service, troubleshooting, startup, installation supervision, training, and support for palletizing equipment. The successful technician is motivated, principled, enthusiastic about Top Tier and its products, passionate about supporting capital equipment and customers’ success. A well rounded background is needed to balance the mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, and customer service components of this role. Excellent technical skills with a keen understanding of machine safety and guarding, and strong customer service is required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Interact with customers in a positive manner to ensure customer satisfaction at every customer contact.
2. Accept all work assignments, many of which require domestic or international travel and may require long term stays for up to weeks at a time, sometimes with minimal notice.
3. Perform all work to the satisfaction of the customer prior to departure from customer’s worksite. Obtain all required customer signatures for timesheets, billing and commissioning of equipment.
4. Perform all work in a safe and law abiding manner, including but not limited to abiding by the rules, policies and guidelines as established by the company, the customer (local plant guidelines for safety and training), OSHA, or others while using common sense and good judgment.
5. Work at Top Tier facility as requested to assist with assembly, design, and programming and startup of equipment; provide expertise, knowledge and support to manufacturing and engineering department personnel.
6. Communicate effectively and timely with the Field Service Manager 24x7 to keep him abreast of customer concerns, equipment issues, job progress, travel changes or any other important issues or developments.
7. Meet customer expectations by clear and concise two-way communications.
8. Work closely with others to resolve issues and accomplish goals.
9. Interact with and support fellow employees in a positive manner at all times to contribute to a healthy, positive and teamwork oriented work environment.
10. Problem solve issues with systems and methods
11. Analytical, with attention to detail and accuracy
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality
13. Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a variety of unpredictable work environments at customer facilities
14. Travel independently, economically, safely and efficiently by air and car.
15. Familiar with motion control applications, operator interface design, and safety circuitry
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge and experience with large capital equipment design and operations.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and experience working with electromechanical systems
• Experience with electrical troubleshooting, particularly with control panel wiring and sensors.
• Allen Bradley PLC experience and/or equivalent
• MS Office suite and ERP/MRP software
Contact Person: Lyudmila Ezersky
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Resume