Employer: CP Energy
CP Energy, a privately owned midstream company, is seeking a driven, results-oriented individual for the position of Pipeline I&E Technician near Omega, Oklahoma.
As an integral operations team member for our crude oil pipeline system, this position will be responsible to operate, repair, and maintain pump and measurement stations and the associated equipment such as motor operated valves, pressure switches, electric motors, vibrations switches, and electronic controls.
The position will regularly require evening, overnight, and weekend hours as well as require the ability to be “on-call” as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Participate in installing all instrumentation and electrical components.
· Troubleshoot problems with control systems and complex equipment associated with pump motors, control valves, and communication equipment.
· Run conduit, pull wire, change motors, and maintain lighting systems and basic motor controls.
· Maintain, modify and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to maximize use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs.
· Maintain advanced monitoring devices such as pressure, vibration and temperature transmitters.
· Maintain and operate custody transfer measurement facilities and perform product quality control tests.
· Assists with the monitoring of crude oil receipt and delivery activities to appropriate pipelines or tankage.
· Participate in and successfully complete company, state, and federal training programs, process safety management reviews, safety meetings, and damage control meetings.
· Satisfy initial and requalifying requirements of company’s operator qualification standards.
· Utilize precision tools and testing equipment.
· Respond to operational emergencies in accordance with procedures of company emergency response team.
· Locate pipelines as needed and oversee excavations and line crossings.
· Launch and receive cleaning pigs and assist with launching and cleaning of “smart” pigs.
· Install pipeline markers and routinely inspect the ROWs.
· Maintain and operate corrosion control equipment.
· Interface professionally and competently with private, public and government land owners.
Required experience and competencies include:
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· Knowledge of general design and operation of a crude pipeline and associated pumps, regulators, MOVs, electronic controls.
· Knowledge and training in electrical codes and AC voltage (120-480), three phase and single phase, plus 24 VDC.
· Three (3) years of qualified electrical and instrumentation work experience.
· Valid driver’s license with safe and acceptable driving record.
· Strong commitment to on the job safety.
· Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
· Ability to read and interpret alignment sheets, schematics, blue prints, work permits, technical instructions, and P&IDs, as well as, perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Proficient in written and verbal English communication.
· Exhibit ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team as required.
· Utilize basic computer skills, including spreadsheet and word processing applications, and possess the technical capacity to learn other software programs as needed.
· Internally motivated to start tasks and projects and committed to follow them until completion.
· Organized; able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks and projects effectively.
· Attention to detail and ability to catch errors and inconsistencies in own work.
Preferred Candidate Requirements include:
· Vocational or Associates Degree in related field
· Journeyman electrical designation
· Energy industry experience
· Previous experience working with and knowledge of industry related maintenance and repair standards.
· 2-4 years direct experience with the operation, maintenance, and/or construction of a crude oil pipeline facility and/or tank farm facilities.
CP Energy is headquartered in Edmond, Oklahoma and has operations throughout Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Kansas. For more information, visit www.cpenergy.com.
Location: Omega, OK
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ