The WSCJTC provides basic and advanced training for criminal justice personnel as the statewide academy for training. The agency mission is "Establish high standards and exceptional training to ensure that criminal justice professionals in Washington State have the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively protect the life, liberty, and property of the people they serve.
The position will provide administrative support for the IT unit, as well as CJTC staff and stakeholders which we serve.
Duty: Administrative Support for Information Technologies Unit
1. Scheduling and Correspondence for IT department members.
2. Track and Process incoming billings for Fiscal while monitoring and producing reports of division budget for management.
3. Oversee Service Desk Ticketing system. Create/delete tickets for phone or walk-in requests, run monthly tickets reports, monitor progress on tickets and assist IT personnel with feedback and follow up with stakeholders on closed tickets. Elevate necessary tickets to superiors.
4. Technical documentation of processes and procedure to support ongoing IT document library creation.
5. Manage purchase requests to include preparation, interaction with vendor or procurement personnel, monitor orders for delivery and distribution, and ensure order inventory accuracy.
6. Miscellaneous administrative support for the IT unit including orientation assistance for new employees (provide SCAN, forms), Iphone setup, mail, prepare and distribute memos, assist with classroom support as needed, and track equipment via asset management practices.
7. Social Media administration including articles, contacts, monitoring and updating employment sections for CJTC Website, Facebook, and Twitter.
Duty: Administrative Support for Accreditation Program and CJTC Commissioner Meetings.
As Directed Tasks Include:
1. Assist with accreditation files to include updating spreadsheets, to-do lists to track policies and proofs by number and responsible personnel, maintain written and electronic files related to accreditation, and provide reports to accrediting body.
2. Add and highlight policies, changes, proofs to Power DMS.
3. Review policies and proofs to ensure these match accreditation standards.
4. Highlight areas that show policies meeting standards.
5. Present accreditation material and reports to stakeholders.
6. May attend Commission meetings in Executive Assistant's absence.
7. Prepare handouts for Commissioners and other attendees.
8. Assist with transcribing and/or proofing written minutes from Commission meetings using notes and transcription equipment.
Duty: Committees, meetings, and special projects as needed
Agency internal committee involvement; curriculum rewrites; meetings with program managers to discuss scheduling and logistics for programs.
Duty: Assist with other programs as needed
Being available for other various tasks and projects. Managing duties in order to provide assistance to stakeholders and peers. Assisting co-workers with applications and class preparation. Provide break coverage and vacation coverage for customer service desk – answering phones, direct attendees to classes, answering stakeholder questions, and so on.
High school graduation or GED.
Three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work.
Formal education will substitute year-for-year for experience.
•Experience using Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
•This job requires someone who is professional, personable, and follows the vision, mission and values of the Commission whether internally or externally.
•Must possess excellent verbal, written, presentation, and listening skills essential for decision making and problem solving.
•Must be able to multi-task, follow timelines and deadlines, work independently, and show initiative.
•Must have PC, Microsoft Outlook, and work skills.
•Ability to travel as necessary.
•Ability to lift up to 40lbs to include use of hand truck and other potential supply carts with ability to bend, crouch, and reach.
•Maintain current driver's license and insurance to operate state vehicles.
•Willing to work under pressure and meet assigned and unexpected deadlines.
•Type at least 40 wpm.
•Uses social media to include Facebook, Twitter, and other general internet applications.
•Experience in using Adobe Suite.
•Able to utilize telephone and handle inquiries and complaints promptly, courteously, and non-bureaucratically.
•Participate in meetings in an active, cooperative, and courteous manner.
•Be accessible, sensitive, responsive and understanding to customer and public attitudes and concerns, objectives and needs. When possible, going the extra mile to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
•Efficient, effective use of work time, equipment, and resources.
•Seeking and assuming additional responsibilities as appropriate.
•Understand the benefits of teamwork.
•Cooperate with and offer assistance to others.
•Giving and accepting of constructive feedback.
•Recognize the contributions of others.
•Work effectively in a diverse work environment.
•Supporting and focusing on the vision, mission, and goals of the organization and team.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job.
Union Represented: As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security Clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees. This means that as a condition of employment, the candidate must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put in pay status.
If you have any questions, please contact HR Manager Sonja Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Burien, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $33,336 - $43,344 YR