Employer: Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital
The Patient Financial Specialist is accountable for establishing acceptable financial arrangements on assigned patient accounts in order to meet the patient's financial obligation to the Hospital and ensure reimbursement.
· Perform charity screening for all patients requesting financial assistance.
· Performs efficient, timely and accurate follow-up of account activity.
· Works guarantor credit balance worklists and refund guarantors when appropriate.
· Work low dollar payment arrangement and initiate calls to negotiate higher payment plans.
· Work new patient account balances where an existing payment arrangement is in place and update terms.
· Proactively call patients who are delinquent on their payment arrangement accounts to prevent accounts from bad debt collection process or offer financial assistance.
· Initiates and coordinates timely placement of accounts to bad debt agency.
· Relieves the Receptionist and Customer Service team when coverage is short.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: Customer Service experience preferred. Experience in a hospital setting preferred. Bilingual preferred.
At Virginia Mason Memorial, our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." This means that each member of our award-winning team works to provide our patients, and their families, with the best medical and individual care possible.
Why do we do what we do? As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we will transform Yakima! We work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. Does this sound like the place for you? We would love to hear from you! Come be the best of the best with us!
We offer competitive benefits and compensation, including a generous 401K plan, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employee wellness clinic and leadership development and education.
"Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will."
Configurated Hours: Configuration 40 hour work week - Overtime accrues when working over 40 hours in a Sunday - Saturday work week
Contact Information :
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ