Employer: Washington Orthopedic Surgeons
Under the supervision of the Clinic Manager, the MOA II is responsible for greeting patients and visitors, registering patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephones, and performing data entry and limited billing functions.
• Greets patients/visitors in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner.
• Continuously schedules patient appointments based on their medical requirements. Maintains patient appointment schedule and coordinates patient flow in collaboration with clinic protocols.
• Ensures patient demographic and financial data are accurate and complete in the clinic record as well as the computer.
• Ensures insurance referral authorizations are appropriate and current prior to appointment.
• Performs confirmation calls to patient for upcoming appointments, including financial matters.
• Accurately logs no-shows, cancellations, and reschedules as directed.
• Ensures telephone is placed on/off service outside of normal business hours.
• May be responsible for charge entry of daily fee slips and review of charges for appropriateness and accuracy.
1. Frequently accepts cash, checks, and credit card payments. Is able to accurately balance day sheet/cash log in accordance with approved departmental and financial practices and procedures as outlined in Corporate Financial Policies, sections 5 & 8.
• Must be knowledgeable in executing all essential functions of MOA I and as per clinic need, will be required to perform these functions as directed by the Clinic Manager
• Maintains proper & acceptable attire, grooming as appropriate to position in accordance with the Hospital’s/CWMG’s policies.
• Functions as a team member and responsible employee, including timely and appropriate attendance as per the Hospital’s/CWMG’s policy.
• Demonstrates appropriate initiative and responsible decision-making.
• Maintains positive relations with fellow employees, staff, patients, and guests.
• Performs other related work as required.
• Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s/CWMG’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws.
• Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s/CWMG’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
• Accepts personal responsibility for maintaining all mandated trainings/education and licensure requirements within compulsory timelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Ability to operate a computer, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, and various multi-line phone systems.
Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
Must be able to prioritize workload while maintaining accuracy.
Continual demonstration of good general office skills.
Self-initiates obvious, routine, or needed work with minimal supervision.
High School Diploma or GED.
Completion of Medical Terminology course preferred.
Basic knowledge of managed care companies and billing processes.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ