Employer: American Gypsum
Instrument and Controls Technician (Controls/Automation)
Job Title: Instrument and Controls Technician
Work Schedule: 7 am – 3 pm (Other shifts or overtime as required)
Full or Part Time: Full time only
Reports to: Controls/Automation Engineer
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To be eligible for this classification, a candidate must possess the skills and knowledge listed below:
• Must possess the knowledge and skill to complete PLC programming and troubleshooting.
• Must have working knowledge of replacing, programming, trouble shooting, and specifying VFDs in industrial applications.
• Must be able to consistently complete all assignments/repairs as directed with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to utilize a PC to go online with the plant's Allen Bradley PLCs and WonderWare HMI systems to perform necessary troubleshooting and configuring.
• Must be able to demonstrate the methods used to check and calibrate all plant analog control loops.
• Must have working knowledge of basic electrical skills such as conduit fitting, wire pulling, wire labeling, and wire termination.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to organize small electrical projects and carry the project from design concept through completion with minimal supervision.
• Will be expected to continually mentor co-workers in electrical and controls troubleshooting.
• Must have good verbal communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook software for written communication.
• Must work in a safe manner in all conditions and circumstances.
• Must consistently practice good housekeeping principles and reinforce these principles to others.
• Must continually participate in the plant’s safety programs, i.e. volunteer to serve on the Safety Committee, participate in safety projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Contact Person: Jeff Engram
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ