Employer: Puget Sound Energy
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Human Resources Specialist – Compliance #82970
Puget Sound Energy is looking for a Human Resources (HR) Specialist with the experience, capability and passion to support compliance and Labor Relations. This is an excellent opportunity to join as a member of a team, which administers the company’s HR programs in multiple areas including NERC Personal Risk Assessment and Commercial Driver’s License requirements, immigration, HR Advisory support and labor union correspondence.
This person must also have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, use independent and discretionary judgment, and coordinate tasks and assignments simultaneously, as well as interact at the officer level with professionalism. They will need to use various computer applications including SAP to input and update employee information, review and pay invoices, create charts, correspondence, reports and other work as needed. Position will perform basic data gathering, data entry, and research in support of management as well as organize and coordinate meetings for department personnel.
We are looking for someone with an excellent customer service level who is able to assist employees and work with vendors. The ideal candidate will have strong time management skills, be able to work with minimal supervision, and have attention to detail, all while providing excellent customer service.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Organize and prioritize assigned HR business process work to meet daily and short term goals
• Interpret and apply policy and guidelines to decision making in assigned area.
• Handle sensitive and confidential information
• Interface with PSE employees, other HR specialists, management and external vendors to solve problems and meet customer needs
• Provide administrative support to the HR Advisor team and other departments within HR as required; e.g. ordering supplies
• NERC Compliance – administer the Personal Risk Assessment (PRA) process including tracking PRA expiration, notifying employees of status, administer background check submissions for employees and contractors, update SAP records, maintain all compliance and process documents and support quarterly updates/audits
• I-9 Compliance - ensure timely and accurate completion of I-9s, administer entry into E-Verify system, maintain proper storage of documents and complete annual audits.
• Provide onboarding support of new HR employees including access requests, supplies, org chart maintenance and other items as required
• HR Budget - support the monthly reconciliation of HR budget, research discrepancies and coordinate reallocation to appropriate cost centers or work orders
• Commercial Driver License Compliance (CDL) - ensure CDL holders have valid licenses and medical certificates, maintain tracking and coordinate annual CDL record review
• Invoices – coordinate payment of invoices for the HR department, coordinate allocation of expenses with appropriate work orders and provide back-up support for Benefits invoice processing
• Immigration Program – coordinate application process between PSE employees and external legal counsel, maintain immigration files and answer questions
• Labor Relations Program – maintain official correspondence between PSE and labor unions, support the Labor Relations Program Manager and HR Advisors as needed including labor negotiations
• Confidential records - coordinate responses to legal requests and maintain confidential files.
• Meeting and training class support – coordinate room scheduling, catering and coffee set-up, as needed
• Compliance board maintenance including researching updates and coordinating ongoing updates to boards throughout PSE
• Respond to routine and unplanned work as priorities demand
• Perform basic data gathering or research for department initiatives
• Troubleshoot and resolve common system and process problems
• Contribute to continuous process improvement by recognizing process weaknesses and suggesting possible improvements
• Two years’ experience in administrative support or specialist role.
• High School or equivalent.
• General understanding of Human Resources with a particular sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to interpret and apply PSE Polices and guidelines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a part of a team.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MSWord and other applications.
• BA or BS in business management or related field.
• Advanced training or certification in specific HR disciplines; e.g. PHR or SHRM – CP certification.
• Experience with complex billing review and invoice processing.
• Experience coordinating logistics for multiple training sessions and meetings.
• Experience maintaining SharePoint sites.
• Experience supporting confidential meetings and negotiations; e.g. complex note taking
• Demonstrated experience using HR Management Systems, especially SAP
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills including conditional formatting, pivot tables and performing calculations
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Contact Person: Randy Lam
Location: P.O. Box 97034 PSE 10N Bellevue, WA 98009
Application Method: www.pse.com/careers.
Base Pay: DOQ