Employer: Atlas Staffing
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the daily setup and operation of hydraulic CNC controlled press break in a custom sheet metal fabrication shop with some assistance provided. He/she may be required to assist other operators as well.
• Set up and operate a hydraulic press or punch for daily work.
• Select correct tooling for the job with setup documents.
• Load, install and correctly set up the tooling required.
• Perform assigned work to time standards and quality specifications.
• Account for time and work completed via computer and manual collection methods.
• Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
• Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assitance.
• Report and document basic material, production and quality issues.
• Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maitenance team.
• Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
• Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabriation background
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Basic Knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydraulic press and/or punch operations including basic set up.
• Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
• Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
• Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawings.
• Ability to work with various types of metal forming constratints with guidance.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
• Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
• Ability to work well in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
• Commitment to quality and accuracy of work performed.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
• Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
• Safety conscious behavior
• Excellent Attendance.
• Lift, carry, push/pull 1 – 50 pounds frequently.
• Squat, kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
• Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
• Ability to work in a 55 – 88 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
• Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, leather work boots and other appropriate PPE.
Contact Person: Leah Mckinzie
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOE