Employer: Santa Clara Valley Water District
CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN I/II
Control Systems Technician I: $6,330.13 - $8,101.60 Monthly
Control Systems Technician II: $7,340.67 - $9,396.40 Monthly
The Control System Technician position will be assigned to work at one of the District's water treatment facilities. This position performs maintenance and repair functions on a variety of industrial electronic, electro-mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, analytical, telemetric, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and analog and digital control devices and equipment typically found in advanced water purification/recycled water plants and water treatment plants, pumping stations and hydroelectric plants. Basic functions of this position are to design improvements to, build, modify, install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, inspect and test a variety of equipment described above.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design improvements to, build, modify, install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, inspect and test a variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, analytical, telemetric, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), analog and digital control devices and equipment found in water treatment and distribution operations.
• Analyze computer and telemetry error messages to identify hardware and software malfunctions; set computerized controllers to appropriate parameters.
• Develop, document and recommend installation and maintenance plans and procedures; prepare schematics, blueprints and layout drawings.
• Operate and maintain electronic test and calibration equipment including an oscilloscope, analog meter, digital multi-meter, frequency counter, signal counter, loop calibrator and pressure calibrator.
• Work closely with engineering, operations and contract personnel to solve problems and determine needs; estimate labor and materials required to complete assigned tasks.
• Perform confined space entry functions in the completion of assigned tasks; ensure adherence to established safety procedures and precautions.
• Maintain a variety of accurate and detailed records of work performed; prepare clear and concise reports as requested.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Control Systems Technician I
One year of experience in the maintenance, installation and repair of electronic sensory and control systems is desirable.
Control Systems Technician II
Four years of experience in the maintenance, installation and repair of electronic sensory and control systems.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work in electronics or a related field (such as process instrumentation and controls, electrical technician, electrician, and power distribution).
Closing Date for Applications: December 8, 2017 by 11:59pm
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/scvwd
Please visit the website: www.valleywater.org
Location: 5750 Almaden Expy, San Jose, CA 95118
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ