Employer: Sabey Data Center Properties
SABEY DATA CENTER PROPERTIES, a Subsidiary of SABEY CORPORATION is one of the largest specialized developers of leasable datacenter properties in the US – focusing on the enterprise and wholesale collocation markets. A growing company, we credit our dedicated and professional team members along with innovative thinking for making Sabey Data Center Properties a leader in the industry. If you are interested in joining an organization that rewards individual initiative and promotes career development through life-long learning visit us at www.sabey.com.
This position will be responsible for "hands-on" day-to-day operation of a 24/7 data center that includes administrative office space. The facility incorporates state of the art redundant power and environmental systems.
This position is for a grave shift position. Expected work schedule will cover a 4-day work week overlapping Saturday or Sunday depending on shift. Occasional overtime opportunities may exist for planned and unplanned shift coverage and infrequent maintenance events. The Facilities Technician will be called upon at various times to cover swing and night-shift positions.
Qualified candidates should be comfortable working in a mission critical environment and must be willing and able to learn critical electrical systems (UPS, Generator, Switchgear), mechanical systems (Air Handlers, Rooftop Units, pumps, Fans), Fire alarm and suppression systems (Onyx, Fike, Cheeta), building control systems (Automated Logic, Environet, SquareD,) and preventative maintenance programs.
This position is responsible for safe reliable operations on a 24/7 facility maintaining Service Level Agreements, customer service requests, and responding to abnormal conditions or equipment status alarms. Regular duties will include facility inspections, basic preventive maintenance tasks, troubleshooting of electrical / mechanical equipment, operating building control systems, and minor facility repairs and cleaning.
The candidate will be called upon to execute MOPs and EOPs, to participate in the training program, and other duties as assigned.
The individual will be a self-starter and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Manage and document facilities work orders and customer service requests
• Perform daily equipment and facility inspections
• Operate equipment to maintain Service Level Agreements
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on general facilities equipment
• Develop and maintain operational process, procedures and as-built drawings.
• Provide support for a variety of projects within the Data Center.
• Interact with Data Center Management, Property Management, and Staff on project efforts
• Manage vendor activities, monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as required for customer interactions
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook. Other programs (PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.) a plus
• Professional attitude and work well under pressure
• General facility maintenance and operations skills
• Ability to lift to 50 pounds and operate a variety of hand and power tools
• Ability to work independently
• Flexible support hours required
• Weekend work/overtime may be required
• Experience in data centers and/or with data center equipment is a plus.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
Sabey Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Contact Person: Denise LeMar
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Email