Employer: The Evergreen State College
Information Technology Specialist 2
EEO Statement :
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status
Salary Step (minimum monthly amount)
Salary Step (maximum monthly amount)
This is a full-time, overtime-eligible position on the Olympia campus of The Evergreen State College.
The purpose of this position is to provide skilled technical support, consultation, troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution for applications and desktop support systems in a client/server environment. As a member of Academic Technologies, this position provides comprehensive technical support and consultation services via email, telephone, walk-in and onsite appointments to college faculty, staff and students.
Nature and Scope:
This position participates in all support aspects of the Technology Support Center to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. This entails answering the support phone, responding to help requests via tickets and email, documenting support requests, monitoring ticket queues and escalating tickets as appropriate. This position also provides on-site technical support to the campus as needed.
• Participate in and coordinate front desk activities:
o Answer help desk phones.
o Assist with walk-in support.
o Respond to help desk emails.
o Complete on-site appointments.
o Document all support issues related to above activities as tickets.
• Efficiently escalate support tickets to other areas within Computing and Communications as needed.
• Provide timely communication to customers on ticket status, resolution and escalation.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of an internal knowledge base for the Support Center as well as an external knowledge base for customer use.
• Train student employees to answer phone and email inquiries, enter tickets into ticketing system, and perform basic IT helpdesk duties; schedule student employee’s appointments.
• Act as technical consultant to customers (faculty, staff and students) by evaluating client needs, determining equipment configuration issues and operational problems and representing customer needs in departmental planning processes.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to communicate appropriately to customers and internal staff.
• Ability to multitask in an occasionally fast-paced help desk environment with frequent interruptions
• Ability to use web resources and other tools used to provide technical support in a help desk environment.
• Ability to create end user and technician documentation for supported systems.
• Advanced knowledge in and ability to use/support versions of Windows, Macintosh and MS Office.
• Ability to quickly recognize and escalate support issues that require tier 2 or higher assistance or work from another area.
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and independently in a culturally diverse community.
• Ability to train others.
• Ability to complete tasks independently.
• Three years of information technology experience such as analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, or telecommunications or network infrastructure equipment, or providing customer or technical support in information technology.
• Two years of experience working in a technology help desk environment, preferably in a higher education setting.
Conditions of Employment
• Must provide proof of identity and employment eligibility within three days of beginning work.
• This position is assigned to part of the college that is covered by a union shop provision and a collective bargaining agreement. Employees are required to pay an amount equal to the fees or dues required to be a member of the union to the Washington Federation of State Employees within thirty days of their date of hire.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
A full state benefits package which includes: paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts. For more information about Evergreen’s excellent employee benefits, please view http://www.evergreen.edu/payroll/benefits.htm.
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $4,025 - $5,412 MO