Employer: Comprehensive Healthcare
What are we looking for in a Medical Records Specialist?
The Medical Records Specialist is the primary resource for client data and information at Comprehensive. Medical Records Specialists are responsible for the entry, maintenance, privacy, and security of client information in the database. Following HIPAA protocols, this position assists clinical staff with accessing client records and processes external requests for client information. This position is best suited to someone who has exceptional attention to detail, follows directions & procedures, and upholds strict confidentiality requirements. One year of general office experience is required, as Medical Records Specialists must be skilled with operating computers and other office equipment.
Medical Records Specialist duties may include:
◾accurately entering client data and verifying client paperwork
◾scanning documentation into the medical record
◾assisting clinical staff with accessing medical records information and maintaining HIPAA compliance
◾processing internal & external requests for client information according to agency policy
◾communicating documentation requirements to clinical staff
◾acting as liaison between facilities to secure records and ensure integrity of the medical records database
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and one year of general office experience.
About the Organization Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You:
Training and Development:
• A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility & promotion
• Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, & consultation in implementing evidence-based services
• Clinical supervision toward licensure (where applicable)
Innovative Program & Services:
• A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
• Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
• Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
• Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
• Competitive salaries within our communities & industry
• Healthcare coverage for employee & qualified family members
• Generous vacation, paid holiday & sick leave
• Access to Employee Assistance Program services
• Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
• Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match
• Agency-funded life & disability insurance program
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ