Employer: Senior Aerospace AMT
Absolute Manufacturing is seeking a highly skilled machinist to run a state of the art, twin spindle, live tool, lower turret and 5 axis milling machine. Keep reading to find out what the requirements are.
Job Summary: The Machinist 3 operates CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate precision parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Machinist 3 is fully capable to perform set up without supervision on several types of machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve and input computerized machine control media.
• Uses tools such as edge finders, indicators, and probes, to find machine work offsets.
• Runs parts that meet engineering specifications without supervision.
• Reads, understands and interprets engineering and manufacturing drawings without supervision. Strong working knowledge of GD&T.
• Follows instructions on set up sheets without supervision.
• Knows optimal cutting techniques, speeds, and feeds.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and informs lead person of discrepancies.
• Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using all measuring tools.
• Recognizes machine deviation versus cutter or holding problems and fix problems prior to informing supervisor.
• Thoroughly inspects first part run with high end complexity.
• Meets job standard times without supervision.
• Ensure part count and data entry is accurate and correct consistently.
• Accurately complete and maintain all paperwork for parts/records.
• Complete and maintain accurate computer entry for parts/data.
• Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
• Solve complex problems without supervision, as well as solving all routine problems that occur.
• Train and mentor lesser skilled employees in their areas.
• Has fluent understanding of G&M codes. Also can edit or program on the shop floor.
• Looks for ways to reduce cycle times without being asked.
• Looks to optimize programs with engineering and management.
• Propose ideas and work on set up reduction. Contribute to lean initiatives.
• Machine tooling to support manufacturing and engineering.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards and a minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience.
• Strong skills and aptitude in math.
• Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files.
• Requires a high school diploma/GED or graduation from certified technical school,
or proven work history in a production environment.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
Licenses or Certifications:
On-the-job training required upon hire:
AS9100 Awareness Training*
5's - Lean
Emergency Response Training *
Storm water Pollution Prevention Plan *
Fire Extinguisher Training *
Recycling, paper plastic, metals, e-waste*
Emergency response *
Chemical Safety/Hazcom Training*
Lock Out / Tag Out Awareness* (Annual)
ISO 14001* (Annual)
General Industrial Safety *
Items with an " * " are the new hire orientation subjects.
The work environment characteristics description described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment of this position is generally performed in an indoor environment in a well lit and ventilated area. This position is required to work around high-speed machinery and equipment and requires the use of safety glasses. There is exposure to machine oil, metal filings, manufacturing odors and noise. Job functions on and around mechanized equipment will present the need for alertness, accuracy and safety awareness. Safety training is required and provided by the company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy. Specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required for accident prevention.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English. Candidates must stand for much of the workday. Work activities involve combinations of walking, climbing, pushing, pulling, bending, lifting and carrying and standing for extended periods and performing some repetitive activities. Work requires the ability to see, hear and smell in order to detect problems. The work requires the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
Absolute Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Senior Aerospace Absolute Manufacturing, part of the Structures Group of Senior Aerospace is known in our target markets as solution oriented, providing our customers with quality hardware and exceptional on time performance. Absolute Manufacturing is AS9100 and ISO 9001 certified and committed to manufacturing excellence through a Lean culture.
Phone: (360) 435-1119
Location: 20100 71st Ave NE, Arlington, WA 98223
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ