The Senior Instrument Technician is responsible for the instrument maintenance program in their assigned area including preventive and corrective maintenance, work scheduling, spare parts management and projects as assigned by the supervisor. These duties will be accomplished in a manner consistent with plant production, cost, quality, safety and environmental goals.
• Work scheduling
• Instrumentation / control systems preventive maintenance
• Instrumentation / control systems corrective maintenance and troubleshooting
• Improvement maintenance / projects
• Spare parts management and specification
• Inspect environmental monitoring systems for proper operation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of instrumentation maintenance in a heavy industrial environment.
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits, use of schematics and blueprints.
• Ability to use hand and power tools, test and calibrating equipment.
• Methods and techniques of calibrating temperature, pressure, level, and flow transmitters.
• Ability to read P&IDs, plant and equipment drawings.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic control loops.
• Knowledge of pneumatic controllers, valve actuators and positioners.
• Ability to repair and maintain a wide variety of instrumentation and analyzers.
• Knowledge of environmental monitors used to measure SO2, PM and opacity.
• Knowledge of computerized control systems such as distributed control (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and maintenance records.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• One year of college or Technical School
• Four (4) years of related experience
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
• The job requires training or instruction in the area of Environmental Awareness.
• This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety & Health Awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA and/or MSHA training.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair analysis).
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.
Contact Person: Crista Bejarano
Application Method: Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ