Employer: Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
An employee who is a journeyman and without direct supervision is engaged in the technology associated with the installation, adjusting, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and electronic gas measurement, instrumentation and control systems and all other equipment appurtenant to the operation of gas facilities. Employee must be able to work at elevated heights. Employee may be required to act in a lead capacity, supervising the work of other employees in lower classifications engaged in this work. Employee’s background of apprenticeship and experience shall be such that these duties are performed with skill and efficiency. Background training and experience shall be such that an employee performs these duties with skill and efficiency. This position may be subject to provisional training plan at time of hire.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
• Installs, adjusts, tests, operates, maintains and repairs of telecommunication equipment as an assistant to a Gas Transmission Technician.
• Writes and holds pipeline and station clearances.
• Engages in the technology associated with the installation, adjusting, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and electronic gas measurement, instrumentation and control systems and all other equipment appurtenant to the operation of gas facilities.
• DOT-Operations/Maintenance AND Emergency
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
• Experience as Measurement and Control Mechanic
• Ability to work extended hours, nights and on weekends, and overtime based on business needs
• Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Ability to work at heights
• Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver's License or equivalent
• 5 or more years of instrumentation work experience desirable.
• 3 years knowledge of electronics measurement and control experience; and equipment instrumentation/troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with maintenance of CNG (Compressed Natural Gas)/LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) facilities a plus.
• Completion of formal instrumentation education program.
• Basic computer skills including use of MS Windows operating system, MS office suite. Knowledge and working experience with gas regulation, measurement, and basic data communication techniques is desirable.
• Basic math understanding and use including applied knowledge of Ohm's Law.
• Knowledge and working experience with electrical power systems and equipment.
• To better represent the communities, we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
•Physical Test Battery
•Industrial Skills Test
•Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
•Gas Control Tech Test
Contact Person: Vanessa Vera
Location: San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Hayward, California
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $59.67/hour