Employer: Gilbert Orchards, Inc.
Technology Technician Job Description
Title: Technology technician
Schedule: Full time, with some weekends included. Hours vary throughout the year.
Supervisor: Julio Casana
Efficiency and Quality
In a constantly changing industry, being able to adapt is a must. In the last years, this industry in transitioning from bulk packages to consumer packages, from manual packing to automated packing. Maintaining, adjusting, and correcting this new equipment at a tech level in order to maximize efficiency without compromising quality is a key position in our organization.
• Be the primary person responsible for all automatic bagging equipment.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair problems on existing equipment
• Run tests and analysis to determine the adequate settings based on fruit sensibility.
• Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibration data.
• Understand, operate, and adjust all equipment to be able to run it at its maximum potential.
• Lead trainings to bagging equipment operators.
• Able to work with equipment and repair/replace parts as needed
• Able to coordinate with outside suppliers for additional maintenance
• Attend necessary trainings, safety meetings, and regular inspections.
Key Skills needed
• High attention to detail
• Able to work with tools
• Must be self-motivated and proactive in problem-solving
• Critical thinking
• Quality Control Analysis
• Equipment Maintenance
• Able to implement effective and efficient solutions
• Computer skills
Applicant must be:
• Knowledge and practical application of electronics and electricity.
• Preferably Degree on Instrumentation, Electronics Technology or similar.
• Preferably English/Spanish bilingual.
• Preferably knowledge of programming.
• Able to work as a team and independently when necessary.
Contact Person: Samantha Osorio
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: TBD