- Utilize technical skills to install, modify, assemble and maintain equipment and associated process supply systems.
- Accomplish tasks by effectively connecting, routing and assembling internal/external systems & components. Including but not limited: gearboxes, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electronic, programmable logic controls and chemical.
- Analyze equipment or system to determine malfunction. Decide on proper repair action. Completes repairs by removing, repairing and replacing all necessary components of the equipment or system. Discuss findings with area operators, leadership, engineers and other technicians as need to find immediate & long-term solutions.
- Effectively maintains all records of repairs, calibrations, tests, preventative maintenance, spare parts and procedures.
- Achieve certification of basic proficiency for equipment in assigned areas of responsibility. Continuously improve knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates effective housekeeping in the area of work and shop. Observes all safety rules and regulations
- Acquire and maintain the necessary State/Federal licenses/certificates as needed for certain job tasks.
- Participates in and completes training as prescribed by corporate requirements and the immediate leadership.
- Assists in the training of other technicians, cell leaders, and Technical Operators.
- Assist in the analysis and frequently works independently in the repair and preventive maintenance.
- Works independently on analysis and repair and assists other levels.
- Occasional work required in hazardous areas involving potentially dangerous electrical power, chemicals and stored energy.
- High School diploma or GED completed.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience at SCO as a Maintenance Technician I, or minimum two – four (2 – 4) years’ experience as a maintenance technician in a related industry or manufacturing environment.
- Completion of technical training courses or seminars related to maintenance job skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic in various units of measure, using Metric & English whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratio, percentage, and to draw and interpret graphs and charts. Familiar with algebra and able to manipulate variables in simple equations.
- Ability to interpret, engineering drawings, sketches and documents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, safety rules, instructions, operating, procedure and maintenance manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Communicate with individuals/groups of both internal/external customers.
- Ability to work with people from different back grounds individually and in a team environment.
- Required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, climb or balance. Required to reach, and to manipulate using hands and fingers. Frequently required to wear cleanroom attire, personal protective equipment and/or breathing devices.
- Ability to lift and/or move, by pushing/pulling, up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include; close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Proficient on the following computer software: DOS, MS Office, SAP and SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Siltronic is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of hyperpure silicon wafers and partner of many leading semiconductor companies. The company employs around 4,000 people. The company has a network of state-of-the-art production sites in Asia, Europe and the USA. Siltronic develops and manufactures silicon wafers in diameters of up to 300mm. These are the basis for modern microelectronics and nanoelectronics.
7200 N.W. Front Avenue | Portland, OR 97210-3676 USA Phone: +1 503 243-2020 Fax: +1 503-219-4606 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.siltronic.com/en/career/working-in-usa/open-positions-in-the-usa.html
Base Pay: DOQ