Employer: Lamb Weston
Job Description Summary:
This job requires unloading trucks in a safe and timely manner, keeping the receiving area clean, and maintaining tote activity inside receiving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Unload trucks and take samples, drive a hyster and dump truck, and operate receiving equipment.
- Accurately completes forms as required such as load tickets, truck logs, and downtime reports.
- Performs required magnet checks on receiving equipment after truck unloading.
- Maintains fuel/fluid levels of forklift, tractor and dump truck.
- Accurately collects samples by storage or field numbers without mixing, and labels raw product sample bins.
- Follows instructions closely and coordinates truck unloading with inside receiving.
- Participates in AMD’s and other continuous improvement activities
- This position is not required on graveyard. The person holding this position on 4th shift will be required to work another position on the nights they are scheduled for graveyard.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
You will be required to drive dump truck to and from the dumping area. That area must be kept clean and it's your responsibility to make sure receiving has empty totes. Occasionally, you will have to drive tractor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Qualifications -
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write accurate information on simple forms in English. Ability to effectively present or listen to information in oneonone and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions, and follow all plant rules and regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid driver's license. Must be Lamb-Weston certified to operate a forklift and operate company vehicles.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to operate hand controls, drive a hyster and dump truck. Tools and equipment used are as follows: dump truck, hyster, brooms, shovels, squeegees, high pressure hoses, and tractor.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions include dust, hot and cold temperatures, slippery work surfaces, and medium noise level.
- Not to exceed 30 shifts worked.
Contact Person: Mauricha Smith
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ