Employer: Heritage University
TITLE: IT Help Desk Support Technician
COLLEGE/SCHOOL/DEPT: Information Technology DATE PREPARED: July 2021
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology FLSA: Non - Exempt
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology this position is responsible for providing IT Help
Desk support for students, faculty, and staff in an institution of Higher Education. Services provided will include
the point of contact for IT support, basic troubleshooting, problem resolution and general support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilizing best practice methodologies within the framework of policies, procedures and values as established by
the Director of Information Technology and Heritage University this position will:
1. Represent Heritage University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students,
clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff,
students and other customers of our services, learn and use operating practices of the department and
2. Uphold the Heritage University Mission Statement.
3. Handle confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
4. Act as the initial Information Technology technical customer support point of contact.
5. Perform initial hardware and software troubleshooting as well as user account issues and other technical
Help Desk functions via telephone, email, and remote desktop.
6. Utilize the work order system to assign tickets requiring advanced support to IT staff for resolution.
7. Create, receive, process, manage and distribute new, pending and completed IT work orders and event
requests requiring IT support.
8. Create and manage new and existing staff, faculty, and student accounts and email distribution lists.
9. Create ID badges for students, staff, and faculty.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
2. Works under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology.
3. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
A. Knowledge: Strong familiarity with Personal Computer operation, support and troubleshooting in
a business, or educational environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Word,
Outlook and Excel, Office 365, Teams, Active Directory, Exchange, remote desktop and Zoom.
High School diploma or GED required. Minimum 1 year experience in the troubleshooting or
repair of Personal Computers in a business, or educational setting required. Associates Degree or
relative CompTIA certification or equivalent IT industry certification strongly preferred.
B. Skills: Ability to troubleshoot PC technical and software problems, follow detailed and technical
instructions to the letter and to work with end users to resolve problems in an IT Help Desk
environment. Able to develop and maintain professional relationships with employees, co-
workers, and students. Excellent time management, organization and documentation skills with
the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Strong Written and oral skills; the ability to
effectively communicate technical issues to end users in an understandable, patient, and
digestible manner. Fluency in the English language is required.
C. Abilities: Sit for long periods of time, talk on the telephone, use a computer, use common tools
for troubleshooting hardware, and lift 20 pounds.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND DEADLINE Applications should include the following:
• Cover Letter
• List of References (names, addresses & phone numbers of 3‐5 current professional references).
• HU Employment Application LINK:HU App
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please email application material to: Humanresources@heritage.edu or Heritage University
Office of Human Resources 3240 Fort Road Toppenish, WA 98948
Location: Toppenish, WA
Application Method: Online: https://heritage.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/HR_IT.HelpDeskSuppTech_2021.pdf
Base Pay: DOQ