Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Date: Aug 3, 2021
Job ID: 1897
Location: Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Compensation & Benefits team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open HR Specialist position!
Puget Sound Energy is looking for a Human Resources (HR) Specialist with the experience, capability and passion to support HR operational processes and our HR information system. This is an excellent opportunity to join the team responsible for administering and supporting the company’s HR programs in multiple areas including employee movements, benefits, leaves, retirement, labor relations and HR technology.
Technical savvy, organizational skills and attention to detail will enable you to use SAP and SuccessFactors products to efficiently and accurately manage employment status changes, and partner with managers and payroll to ensure accuracy of all transactions. We are looking for someone with an excellent customer service level who is able to answer questions related to PSE and serve as a key contact for our HR information system. The ideal candidate will have strong time management skills, be able to work with minimal supervision, and have attention to detail, all while providing excellent customer service.
- Organize and prioritize assigned HR business process work to meet daily and short term goals
- Review and approve employee change transactions initiated by managers
- Respond to routine and unplanned work as priorities demand
- Perform basic data gathering or research for department initiatives
- Troubleshoot and resolve common system and process problems
- Participate in data and process audits and make data corrections as needed
- Participate in the processing of new hires
- Contribute to continuous process improvements by recognizing process weaknesses and suggesting possible improvements
- Interpret and apply policy and guidelines to decision making in assigned area.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information
- Interface with PSE employees, other HR specialists, payroll, management and external vendors to solve problems and meet customer needs
- Represent the department professionally with internal and external customers
- Participate in cross department quality and process improvement initiatives
- 2 + years experience in administrative support or specialist role.
- High School or equivalent.
- General understanding of Human Resources with a particular sensitivity to maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply PSE Polices and guidelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MSWord and other applications.
- BA or BS in business or technology, or other related field.
- Advanced training and/or certification is specific disciplines within HR, specifically HRIS, benefits and/or payroll.
- Demonstrated experience using HR Management Systems, especially SAP ECC and SAP SuccessFactors.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills including conditional formatting, pivot tables and performing calculations
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on issues and planning in the best interests of the users and company, and when appropriate, develop recommendations for solutions and improvements for team’s input.
- Ability to work in an environment with shared responsibilities across team members.
- Critical thinking skills to troubleshoot complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist.
- Experience working with and creating process documentation.
- Experience working with represented work groups (unions).
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.pse.com/job/Bellevue-HR-Specialist-WA-98004/773833000/
Base Pay: DOQ