Office Assistant 3
Salary: $32,856.00 - $43,392.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 21DOT-HQ-0P381
Closing: 8/22/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
The WSDOT Project Propel Unit is currently seeking to fill an Office Assistant 3 project position (limited duration) to provide complex clerical support. The Propel Project is supporting One Washington’s efforts to modernize technology and administrative business functions related to finance, procurement, budget, human resources, and payroll. Project Propel will focus on modernizing WSDOT’s business processes and supporting WSDOT employees through the transition to the new statewide enterprise system. This project position reports to Project Propel’s Financial Systems Replacement Manager and will be responsible for providing clerical assistance to the project team.
What to Expect:
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Office Assistant 3 will:
- Assists with preparing, completing, and coordinating system bug/enhancement requests.
- Create bug/enhancement tickets; ensure tickets have sufficient details.
- Communicate to project team the status of tickets throughout their lifecycle.
- Manage electronic files, forms and documents.
- Monitor assigned Channels in MS Teams to ensure project team members adhere to proper document management protocols.
- File documents in appropriate MS Teams Channel or OneNote Notebook.
- Schedule project meetings: coordinate with Propel Project Leadership on appropriate attendees
- Monitor, assign and respond to emails sent to Project inbox.
- Ensure project workstreams have appropriate resources (i.e. conference room, training materials, agendas, etc.) for meetings and trainings.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High school graduation or equivalent and two (2) years of clerical experience; additional education may substitute for experience.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently to meet deadlines and project deliverables.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing environment.
- This is a project (limited duration) opportunity, expected to last until 6/30/2023.
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, this position will be remote in a telework capacity full-time. Once the restrictions are lifted, WSDOT supports a flexible work schedule with partial telework opportunities, depending on business needs and prior supervisor approval.
- By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by no later than October 18, 2021. This is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes.
- Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 11 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
- Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
- To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Amanda Strebeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to reference Office Assistant 3 #0P381 in the subject line.
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3194163/office-assistant-3?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $32,856.00 - $43,392.00